All SkillsUSA Idaho conferences or events are educational functions, and all plans are made with that objective. It is approved as a major educational activity by the Idaho Division of Career Technical Education.
SkillsUSA Idaho wants every person to have an enjoyable experience with maximum attention to safety and comfort. All participants will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner best representing the nation's greatest student organization.
For everyone to receive maximum benefits from their participation, this Code of Conduct was established by the National Board of Directors of SkillsUSA and has been adopted as a policy by the SkillsUSA Idaho Board of Directors and must be followed at all times.
Note that attendance is not mandatory. By voluntarily participating, you agree to follow the official conference rules and regulations or forfeit your personal rights to participate. SkillsUSA is proud of its students and knows that by signing this Code of Conduct, you are simply reaffirming your dedication to be the best possible representative of your state.
- I will, at all times, respect all public and private property, including the hotel/motel in which I am housed.
- I will spend each night in the room of the hotel/motel to which I am assigned.
- I will strictly abide by the curfew established and shall respect the rights of others by being as quiet as possible after curfew.
- I will not enter any hotel room other than the one to which I am assigned. I understand that I am assigned a hotel room for the sole purpose of overnight accommodation.
- I will not leave the hotel/motel without the express permission of my advisor or state SkillsUSA director. Should I receive permission, I will leave a written notice of where I will be.
- I will not use alcoholic beverages. I will not use drugs unless I have been ordered to take certain prescription medications by a licensed physician. If I am required to take medication, I will, at all times, have the orders of the physician on my person.
- I will not have in my possession any firearms, dangerous weapons, explosive compound, or an object that can reasonably be considered and/or used as a weapon.
- I will respect SkillsUSA attire and will not inhale or smoke cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vapingor any other substances while wearing clothing bearing the name or logo of SkillsUSA. This includes using these products in outdoor venues.
- I will not engage in bullying, which includes hazing, menacing, taunting, intimidating; the use of lewd, profane or vulgar language; verbal or physical abuse of others; or other threatening behavior toward others in person or throughacts of cyberbullying.
- I will not engage in any behavior that might be deemed sexual harassment which includes, but is not limited to, verbal, written or physical in nature.
- I will keep my advisor or state SkillsUSA director informed of my whereabouts at all times.
- I will, when required, wear my official identification badge that bears my name only on it and not that of another person.
- I will attend, and be on time for, all general sessions and activities that I am assigned to and registered for.
- I will adhere to the dress code at all required times.
- My conduct shall be exemplary at all times.
Violations and penalties
I agree that if, for any reason, I am in violation of any of the rules of the conference, I may be brought before the appropriate disciplinary committee for an analysis of the violation. I also agree to accept the penalty imposed on me. I understand that any penalty and reasons for it will be explained to me before it is carried out. I further realize that the severity of the penalty may increase with the severity of the violation, even to the extent of being immediately sent home at my own expense.
- Violations of Items 1 through 11 of the “Code of Conduct” will be grounds for immediate removal from office and relinquishment of awards and recognition. In addition, the violator will be sent home at his or her own expense. Notification of the violation and the action taken will be sent to the participant’s state department of education and parents or guardians. The participant’s misconduct or infraction could result in the disqualifying of his or her state delegation as well.
- Violations of Items 12 through 14 will result in a warning and reprimand. Notification of the violation and the action taken will be sent to the participant’s state department of education and parents or guardians. Repeated violations of Items 12 through 14 may result in the participant being sent home at his/her own expense.
Having read and understood the Code of Conduct of SkillsUSA Idaho, I hereby agree to follow the procedures and practices described. I fully understand that this is an educational activity and will, to the best of my ability, apply myself for the purpose of learning and will uphold at all times the finest qualities of a person representing SkillsUSA. It is within the spirit of being a proud and meaningful member of SkillsUSA that I agree to these rules of conduct by signing below.