All fields marked with * are required and must be completed.
Each year UniqueSource holds its Achievement Awards and Banquet to recognize outstanding workers from around the state who demonstrate exceptional character in living and coping with disabilities, particularly in the workplace. This year's awards banquet will take place on the evening of Monday, May 8, 2023 at the Harrisburg Hilton in downtown Harrisburg, PA.
The following form is to be used to nominate one employee from your organization working on a UniqueSource contract who has embodied extraordinary qualities that made them stand out this year among your workforce. Approved nominees will be recognized and celebrated awardees at the UniqueSource 2023 Embrace the Abilities Award event. There are three sections to the nomination form:
- Organizational and nominee information.
- Narrative questions regarding the nominee's accomplishments - to be completed by the person nominating.
- Required relase form and photo submission.
You may wish to download this list of questions ahead of time in order to work on your narrative answers in advance of submission.
Please review the guidelines and rules for the nomination below prior to completing the nomination form.
Guidelines and Rules
- Nomination must be submitted via online form by an authorized representative of a UniqueSource Member organization.
- Only one nomination submission per UniqueSource Member organization.
- Nominee should be currently employed by a UniqueSource Member organization.
- Nominee must have worked on a UniqueSource contract(s) for a minimum of six of the last twelve months.
- Nomination forms and support materials, including release forms, photos, must be received by February 15, 2023.
- Nomination forms must be fully completed to be considered for inclusion.
- UniqueSource may request additional information and/or clarification of materials submitted through the nomination form.
- Awardees are highly encouraged and desired to attend the Achievement Awards Banquet on Monday, May 8, 2023 at the Harrisburg Hilton in Harrisburg, PA.
- One awardee will be selected to speak at the Achievement Awards Banquet.
- If selected, your awardee will be asked to participate in a short video presentation about themselves, their job, your organization, and the award nomination. UniqueSource and their production partner may come onsite to your location to record video.
- If selected, your awardee will be asked to accept their award on stage during the Achievement Awards banquet on Monday, May 8, 2023 at the Harrisburg Hilton in Harrisburg, PA. The representative awardee will be invited to speak about their own thoughts regarding the award and to congratulate all of the evening's awardees.
If you have any questions regarding the guidelines and rules, contact Joe Ostrander to discuss.
The following items and services are included in the UniqueSource Achievement Award package:
- An award plaque.
- $500 cash gift.
- Participation for award recipient and a guest in the UniqueSource Achievement Awards Banquet on Monday, May 8, 2023, including photo shoot, dinner, and two receptions.
- One night overnight accommodation on May 8, 2023 at the Harrisburg Hilton to attend the Achievement Awards Banquet, including parking.
- Entry for award recipient and a guest to the opening keynote speaker and breakfast at the UniqueSource Member Conference on Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
- Inclusion in press releases, social media posts, and/or website posts by UniqueSource in relation to the Achievement Awards.
- Entry to optional awardee and guest fun event on Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
Transportation to and from the awards event is the responsibility of the nominee and the nominating organization.
UniqueSource will provide support to facilitiate the participation and attendance of all Achievement Award recipients in the Awards Banquet. Support with transportation needs or any other type of accommodation can be requested by contacting Joe Ostrander.