WARNING!!WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE
In specific consideration of being permitted to participate including travel to and from, the Gulf Coast Judo Open Tournament and related events and activities of Gulf Coast Judo, LLC, United States Judo Association, United States Judo Federation, USA Judo, and The City of Ocean Springs. I hereby:
1. Acknowledge that I am familiar with the sport of Judo and understand the rules governing the sport of Judo.
2. Agree that before participating: I will inspect the mats, equipment, facilities, competition pools or divisions and the elimination or scoring system to be used. If I believe anything is unsafe or beyond my capability, I will immediately advise my coach, supervisor, and/or a tournament official of such conditions and refuse to participate.
3. Acknowledge and understand that I will be engaging in a contact sport that might cause serious injury, including permanent injury, disability or death, and severe social and economic losses due to not only my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also to the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the rules of the sport of Judo, or conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable.
4. Knowing the risks involved in the sport of Judo, I assume all such risks and accept personal and legal responsibility for the damages following such injury including but not limited to the potential for permanent injury, disability, or death.
5. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Gulf Coast Judo, LLC, United States Judo Association, United States Judo Federation, USA Judo, and The City of Ocean Springs, together with their affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches and other employees or volunteers of the organization, event officials, medical personnel, other participants, their parents, guardians, supervisors and coaches, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners, lessors, and lessees of premises used to conduct the event, all of whom are hereinafter referred to as “releasee”, from any claims, demands, losses, or damages because of injury, including permanent disability and death and damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WARNING, WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND KNOWING THIS, SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY. I AGREE TO PARTICIPATE KNOWING THE RISK AND CONDITIONS INVOLVED AND DO SO ENTIRELY OF MY OWN FREE WILL.