Upon arrival at Camp Rising Sun, as you drive down the campground road, you will find a COVID TESTING STATION on the road next to the first Teacher Cabin. Wait in your vehicle until it is your turn to go through the testing process by one of the nurses on our Health and Safety team.
We are not requiring vaccinations or a PCR test. We ask that you stay away from crowds 10 days before camp, social distance, wear masks, and wash your hands as common sense informs. You will need 2 test kits of 2 self-tests in each. (Four total)
1. Self-test 2 days before you come to camp.
2. We recommend that you self-test before you travel to camp, especially if you have a long trip. If you test positive, do not come to camp!
Once at camp, you need to affirm the negative results of your self-tests.
3. At the Covid Testing Station the Health and Safety team will test you using the COVID self-test kit that every camper in the vehicle must bring.
4. Next you move your vehicle to park in the teacher cabin parking area for the 15 minutes needed by your self-test kit to show results.
5. Once we check off that your self-test results show negative for COVID, you drive on to the Dining Hall Parking area to check in at the Registration table in the Dining Hall. From then on, it’s just good old Ozark Sufi Camp!
6. Twenty-four hours after you check in, please self-test again. If you test positive, isolate yourself and send word to Sarfaraz Knight, Jalal Joe Dougherty, WadudaNur Bear, Ayesha Graham-Henning, or Nur Rahman Locke.
We will not have extra kits. You can purchase them at CVS, Walgreens, Target, and other retail stores. For seniors, Medicare or private insurance will pay for up to 8 self-tests per month through May 11, 2023.