Kids Fishing Derby Rules:
· Event is free to all kids’ ages 3-15 years. Lessons at 12 p.m. provided by DR Sportsman’s Club.
· Please dress appropriately. No swimsuits!
· All activities are weather permitting! We will fish rain or shine!
· No fishing license required. Adult supervision required with maximum of two children per adult allowed.
· No lifeguard will be on duty! No swimming allowed at this event!
· Fishing must be done on north shore only (between the bathhouse and bridge). Fish caught outside this area will not count.
· Kids fish only! Parents may assist as needed.
· No boats allowed. All fishing must be done from banks.
· Contest is catch-and-release.
· Only fish measured and recorded by event judges will count!
· Biggest and littlest fish in each age level wins a prize.
· Biggest cumulative catch in each age level wins a prizes.
· Age levels are 3-6 yrs., 7-11 yrs. & 12-15 yrs.
Particiapant Release of Liability
WAIVER, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK: In consideration of my participation in the Quarry Days Fishing Derby, I hereby waive, release and discharge all claims for damages for death, personal injury, or property damage which my occur as a result of my participation in the fishing derby or any activity incident thereto. This release discharges in advance the City of Dell Rapids, its officers, agents, servants, and employees, game officials and referees (hereinafter referred to collectively as “CITY”) from liability even though that liability may arise out of the CITY’S active or passive negligence or carelessness. I acknowledge that come recreational activities, including fishing, involve an element of risk or danger of accidents, injury and even death, and knowing those risks, I freely and voluntarily assume the risk of injury and/or death and I promise not to sue or exercise any legal right to seek damages from CITY. By this agreement, I also intend to waive, release and discharge all claims for personal injury, death or property damage caused by the condition of the city park or any equipment thereon including the city park.
I understand that this WAIVER< RELEASE and ASSUMPTION OF RISK form will remain on file with the CITY and that it will apply to the tournament.
I certify that I have no medical condition that would cause participation in the fishing derby to increase the risk of hazard to my health. In addition, I authorize the CITY to provide or cause to be provided such medical treatment that may be necessary or appropriate if I am injured while participating in the basketball tournament.
I have read and understand the Rules & Regulations of the Quarry Days Fishing Derby and agree to abide by them. I understand that failure to abide by them may result in my expulsion from the game or tournament.