The Lawrence Humane Society policies regarding group service events are as follows:
1. To provide the most meaningful experience for every group interested in serving, we limit approved requests to two (2) group service assignments per month.
2. The Lawrence Humane Society considers a variety of factors when deciding whether to approve a request. These include, but are not limited to: organizational capacity, strategic goals, staff & volunteer availability, and relationship with the organization/individual submitting the request.
3. Applications must be submitted at least two (2) weeks in advance.
4. Applications submitted after the deadline may be considered on a case by case basis.
5. If we are unable to accommodate a group due to space, they will be placed on a waitlist.
6. To allow our staff enough time to properly prepare for your group, a final headcount is required three (3) business days before your assignment.
7. Cancellations received with less than seventy-two (72) hours' notice may result in a group being automatically waitlisted for future requests.
8. The minimum age to participate in group service is ten (10) Any volunteers under the age of sixteen (16) are considered "Junior Volunteers" and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Groups must maintain a ratio of one (1) adult for every three (3) junior volunteers (e.g.- within a group of 15, there must be at least 3 adults
9. The minimum age for a tour is seven (7 and there must be one (1) adult for every four (4) visitors under sixteen (16).