Thank you for applying to be in the Blue Ash Memorial Day Parade! The 2023 parade will mark its 71st year in Blue Ash! The Blue Ash Civic League sponsors the Memorial Day Parade with technical support provided by the City of Blue Ash.
Our Memorial Day Parade is intended and devoted to:
- Provide community spirit and patriotism.
- Promote honor and remembrance for those that have made personal sacrifices to serve our country during the efforts of preserving our liberties as an American People.
- Draw attention to the true meaning of Memorial Day as a holiday that honors our great heroes that have served and currently serve our country and community.
The Blue Ash Memorial Day Parade promotes a “family friendly” atmosphere that showcases elements of the Memorial Day theme which must be appropriate for all ages. To meet this goal:
- Applications from parade units with themes that are consistent with the spirit and image of Memorial Day are highly encouraged.
- If your group would like to distribute items during the parade, ONLY the following items are approved: coins, tokens, beads, wrapped candy, and other non-perishable items/toys that are of a non-choking hazard to children. Items that your group is planning to distribute must be disclosed on the application and must be safe for spectators and other participants.
- As a “green” community, we will now be promoting a “litter-free” environment so we ask that no paper items be distributed i.e. flyers, coupons, literature. Other prohibited items include “silly string”, water guns, water balloons and any other devices that propel water.
- All items for distribution must be handed to individuals from walkers and not thrown from vehicles.
- Parade units that include children must have adequate adult supervision.
- Applicants will receive e-mail notification of their acceptance.
- We encourage all groups to meet at a designated location prior to lining up for the parade so as to ensure that the entire group gets lined up together. We cannot assist or guarantee that your group will be able to find each other once you are in the line up/staging area.
Start Time: The parade will start promptly at 10:15 AM. We encourage participants to enter the Line Up Area no later than 9:45AM. The parade is held rain or shine.
Line Up Entrances: The Line Up Entrance for general participants is located at Reed Hartman Highway and Plainfield Road intersection. The Line Up Entrance for Youth Organizations is located at the Plainfield and Cooper Road intersection. Due to road closures, access to the Line Up Entrances will be easiest from the Ronald Reagan Highway/Plainfield Road area if possible. Participants coming from the north will encounter detours and road closures.
Parade Route: The parade route is approximately 1.6 miles long and mostly flat or downhill. The route begins at the intersection of Reed Hartman Highway and Cooper Road and proceed east on Cooper to Kenwood Road, south on Kenwood to Hunt Road, and end in downtown Blue Ash.
Ceremony: At the conclusion of the parade, we encourage units to attend the special ceremony (at approximately 11:30 AM).
VEHICLES AND FLOATS:
- Oversized vehicles which produce blind spots for the driver (i.e. Monster Trucks) must provide at least one spotter per side for safety purposes for a total of two spotters at minimum.
- All towing vehicles must properly secure their float with the safety chains and appropriate hitch lock.
- All vehicles must submit a CURRENT copy of their insurance with their Parade Application. Applications that do not meet this standard will not be considered.
- At the end of the parade route, all units will be directed on where to go. We highly recommend participants to look in advance for a route from downtown Blue Ash for ease of finding your way back.
- A map of the road closures and parade/ceremony details will be provided to you a few weeks prior to the parade should your application be accepted.
The City of Blue Ash and the Blue Ash Civic League does not provide liability insurance for the protection of groups, individuals, organizations, businesses, spectators or others who may participate in the annual Memorial Day Parade. In consideration of participation in the parade, the applicant and/or organization agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the City of Blue Ash and the Blue Ash Civic League, its officers, officials and members from any and all actions, causes of action, claims and demands for, upon on by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in the Memorial Day Parade. Your completed parade application and participation in the parade is your agreement to the general rules, guidelines and liability disclaimer.
Organizations that are interesting in being considered for Blue Ash Memorial Day Parade must fill out an application and send it in as early as possible. The application is mandatory in order to be considered for participation and is due by Friday, May 19, 2023. Completed application must be mailed/delivered, faxed or emailed to:
Blue Ash Memorial Day Parade
ATTN: Susan Trammel
4343 Cooper Road
Blue Ash, OH 45242
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
The Blue Ash Memorial Day Parade Staff
COVID-19 Requirements: As a municipality, the City of Blue Ash is required to adhere to all current guidelines and regulations stipulated by the Hamilton County Board of Health, and the State of Ohio in regards to the Coronavirus and COVID-19. These include, but are not limited to guidelines and regulations limiting operations of business, events and capacity limits.