1. I understand what is involved in the Activity and acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding the scope and nature of the Activity. I recognize the possibility and risk of injury associated with my child’s participation in the Activity and that such injury can include, but is not limited to, pain, suffering, serious bodily injury, psychological injury, temporary or permanent disability, temporary or permanent paralysis, illness, disfigurement, further injury by medical treatment, and/or death. I understand that such injuries can occur for any number of reasons which are both foreseeable and unforeseeable and which include, but are not limited to, my child’s own actions or inaction, the actions or inaction of others (whether negligent, intentional, or otherwise), and equipment failure.
2. I further understand that my Child’s participation in the Activity is purely voluntary and is a privilege and not a right, and that my Child, and I on behalf of my Child, agree to my Child’s participation in the Activity in spite of the risks. I and my spouse assume, for ourselves and on behalf of our minor child, all risks in connection with my child’s participation in the Activity.
3. I agree to instruct my child to cooperate with those persons in charge of the activity. I understand and agree that, in the event my child does not cooperate with the person(s) in charge of the activity, which shall be determined at the sole discretion of the person(s) in charge of the activity, I agree to cooperate with the Parish in picking up my child to remove them from the activity.
4. To the fullest extent allowed by law, I, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my minor child, as well as our respective heirs and assigns, executors, all other legal representatives and any others claiming through us or on behalf of us, hereby agree to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Parish, the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, the Bishop or Administrator of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, as well as their respective clergy, officers, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys, sponsors, and volunteers (“Released Parties”) forever from and against any and all claims, lawsuits, damages, judgments, expenses including attorney’s fees, liabilities (of any nature or extent), demands, damages, cause of action of any nature and kind, known or unknown, which in any way arise out of or relate to my child’s participation in the Activity (including without limitation any injury, loss, or damage to my child’s person or property), whether foreseen or unforeseen, regardless of the cause (including, but not limited to, the negligence of any person) (the “Claims”).
5. I understand that it is my responsibility to carry appropriate medical insurance for my child and that such is not the responsibility of any other person or party, including, without limitation, the Parish or the Diocese of Cleveland.
6. In the event reasonable attempts to contact me at the number listed below have been unsuccessful, I hereby authorize any of the staff, employees, volunteers, agents and/or representatives of the Parish to provide for, seek, and authorize medical treatment for my child in the case of illness or accident from the closest and most appropriate licensed medical practitioner or hospital available. I understand that this authorization does not cover major surgery unless the medical opinions of two licensed physicians/dentists concurring in the necessity for such surgery are obtained for the performance of such surgery.