1. The applicant must confine sports activities to the locations and times specified on the permit.
2. Pamphlets, handbills or advertising material of any kind may not be posted on Stamford property.
3. The applicant must have in his/her possession a permit on site. The City of Stamford has Parks Police and supervisory staff that will remove groups from fields without a permit.
4. Tournaments: All tournament applicants must complete the following for approval to host a tournament on City of Stamford fields:
A. Submit an application requesting to host the tourney and to get placed on the Park and Recreation Internal Committee agenda
B. Tournaments are required to pay a tournament fee and any other fee’s associated (field maintenance, lights, staff, etc)
C. All tournaments must get insurance (see #5 below)
D. If food will be on site, a Health Dept permit must be obtained (see #6 below)
5. The applicant is liable for all damages and injuries to property and person that may occur or be caused by the use of this permit and/or caused by the applicant, its employees, members, volunteers, participants, officers, and agents in or about the permitted location. By accepting the permit, the applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City, its employees, members, officers, and agents against and from any and all claims arising from applicant’s use of the permit or from the conduct of the applicant’s business or from any activity, work or other things done, permitted or suffered by applicant, its employees, members, volunteers, participants, officers, and agents in or about the permitted location.*A Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Stamford, their employees, officers, agents and anyone affiliated with the City of Stamford as additional insured in the amount of $1 million ($1,000,000) in general liability insurance is required. For more information, please contact the Risk Manager at (203) 977-4083.
6. The applicant agrees to contact the Stamford Health Department if any food and/or beverage will be sold at the tournament/event. A signed permit from the Stamford Health Department will be required prior to receiving field permit. For more information, please contact the Stamford Health Department at (203) 977-5652.
7. The permit is revocable at any time at the discretion of the Recreation Services Division or Parks Department. Reasons may include, but are not limited to: providing false information on the permit, failure to adhere to the rules of the City of Stamford and failure to meet the conditions of the permit.
8. Inclement Weather: The rental fee will not be refunded due to inclement weather. You will have the option of rescheduling your event date but it is dependent upon site availability. To reschedule an event you must bring your original permit to the Recreation Department within five (5) business days of your original reservation date.