This program is intended to provide development support to emerging artists.
Before you complete the application, please make sure you meet the following criteria:
- You are currently creating new music or a music related project that can be completed within one year. We are offering this scholarship to help you create something bigger and better than what you could create on your own. And we must be able to show the impact of the funding by delivering a finished product (a new single, EP, Album, video, etc.) within one year from the program start date.
- You are working toward a full-time career as a music creator and currently are independent. This may include your role as a recording artist, songwriter or producer. 'Independent' means that you are not signed to a recording label or publishing company, AND it does not mean that you don't have anyone on your team.
- You are able to participate as an active member of the HOME community. We don't have an exact definition of what this means, but we hope that you recognize the benefits of growing your career with the support of other HOME Members, aka Homies. HOME provides physical space, but we have found the most valuable resources are the network and knowledge base that exists among us!
- You participate in regular mentoring sessions with the HOME Team. We want you to achieve your goals! We host virtual group mentoring sessions multiple times each month and expect you to join us for at least one session per month. We also expect that you'll communicate if you are unable to meet required attendance.
- You maintain a positive attitude and communicate in a timely manner. We know this is a tough business, and there will be times that are more challenging. We don't expect you to be happy all the time, but we do expect HOME Members to be honest, conscientious and responsive.
- You give HOME & Helping Music Foundation the rights to promote your work, and agree to share your metrics. We want to highlight you! Please be sure to send us photos, testimonials, and promo materials we can use as you go along. We'll also ask you to submit metrics when you accept the scholarship, mid-way through the program and at the end of your scholarship term.
To access a PDF version of the application to help you prep your answers before you complete this application form, visit this link. You MUST complete the application here, but if you have difficulties or questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.