Thank you for your interest in Southern Missouri Technical Institute (formerly South Central Career Center)! Our application is intended to provide you a smooth experience; however, if you have any questions, please reach out to us at (417) 256-6152 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following items available:
1) Contact information for you AND at least one emergency contact
2) Your previous work experience and educational background information
3) An uploadable copy (scanned copy or picture) of your government-issued identification (drivers license, passport, etc.)
4) Credit/debit card information for your non-refundable application fee.
5) Ensure you have read and understand the tuition for your program. This information is available at www.scccwp.edu under the Admissions tab. (NOTE: Tuition varies for programs beginning July 1st or after.)
6) You will need to request a copy of an OFFICIAL high school transcript (or equivalency exam) be sent to SoMoTech. This can be sent to: Southern Missouri Technical Institute 407 Thornburgh Street, West Plains, MO 65775 or by email to email@example.com.
7) As part of your application fee, you are paying for a Missouri State Highway Patrol Open Records Criminal Background Search. This is required by Missouri state law (RSMo 171.097). If, as a result of the criminal history background check required under this section, it is determined that a person who requested enrollment has been convicted of a crime or offense listed in subsection 6 of section 168.071, or a similar crime or offense committed in another state, the United States, or any other country, regardless of imposition of sentence, the school district shall prohibit such person from enrolling in any course. (Effective 8/28/2023)
8) This application is for adult programming beginning July 1, 2023 through January 2024. If you are wanting to apply for another enrollment date or program, please contact the SoMoTech office. (Note: If you are applying for the Adult WELDING program, please return to the application page and select the Adult Welding Application option.)