WHAT IS A SPECIAL EVENT?
SPECIAL EVENTS IN TOWN PARKS
As defined in Chapter 18, a Special Event in a town park is an organized activity such as a walk, run, fair, tournament, festival, fundraiser, or other gathering hosted by a third party (not the Town of Mint Hill) on park property for public or private entertainment that requires the general or exclusive use of one or more park facilities or features and that may:
- Be advertised or open to the public;
- Attract more than 60 people;
- Require the use of the facility or park for more than 4 hours;
- Provide some form of entertainment (shows, music, demos, etc.);
- Offer items for sale, such as food or merchandise; and/or
- Require maintenance, sanitation, and/or police services above and beyond what is already provided by park staff.
SPECIAL EVENTS ON STREET RIGHT-OF-WAY OR PRIVATE PROPERTY
A Special Event on a public street, sidewalk or private property is reviewed and approved by the Mint Hill Police Department. As defined in Chapter 16, a Special Event may be an athletic event, march, procession or other similar activity consisting of persons, animals, vehicles or things, or any combination thereof, that disrupts the normal flow of traffic upon any public street.