1) Programs will be sent out via email prior to the competition.
2) Everyone who competes must have a USTA membership or Non-Member fee in his/her own name for individual, duet and pairs entries.
Teams and Corps may hold a USTA Group or Organization membership in the group or Organization's name.
3) Current USTA rules will be in effect. Any questions pertaining to rules, time limits, etc., can be clarified through
the USTA handbook, USTA website
4) Age of the entry is the athlete's age as of August 31, 2023.
5) The competition will be run on the set system.
6) DEADLINE IS February 6, 2023.
7) The Contest Director reserves the right to divide or combine age groups as necessary.
8) NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason. Other than if contest is cancelled.
9) Novice athletes are those who have won 3 competitive first place in that event. Beginner athletes have
won less than 5 competitive first places in that event. Intermediate athletes have won less than 10 competitive
first places in that event. Advanced athletes have won 10 or more competitive first places.
10) Time limit for Beg & Int Duet is 1.29 minutes. Adv. Duet 1:44 min. Age division for Duets are as follows:
Primary - combined ages of 0-18 , Juvenile - combined ages of 19-26, Junior - combined ages of 27-34,
Senior - combined ages of 35+.
11) A Dance Twirl Team may enter TEAM/TRIOS category you may only enter two categories. You may not enter all three categories of Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced.
One Entry Form per Team.
When entering Local, State, Regional and National competitions, song selections MUST be listed on the entry form.
Violation of this rule will result in disqualification by the Contest Director.
Twirl Teams Proficiency Levels - Twirl Teams with Content Restriction Novice, A, AA, AAA and Elite.
12) GROUP MUSIC MUST BE SENT TO Ohiobatonmusic@gmail.com NO CD'S OR CASSETTE, IPODS, CELL PHONES ALLOWED "Submit each song under separate email for each team and freestyle"
13) The process of establishing a team/trios or corps age division is by averaging the ages of the members. Add all the ages together, then divide by the number in the group. Each group will have the option of competing in an older division than the average age if there is at least one member whose age is within that higher age division. When the average age has a decimal digit, drop the decimal and use only the number as the average age. Primary 0-9.99 , Juvenile 10-13.99, Junior 14-17.99, Senior 18+ Tiny Tot Dance Twirl Team -ALL members must be 7 years of age or younger.
14) Athletes may only enter "one level up" from their current level in a particular event. Example, a beginner athlete
may enter intermediate by not advance, since that would be two levels up.
15) Please refer to the current USTA Rule Book.
16) No flash photography is allowed at any USTA contest for the safety of the athletes.
17) Contest Director, USTA , Ohio Baton Twirling Council, Inc. or Facility will not be responsible for accidents or lost/stolen items.
18) Contest Director: Michael Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
19) Register Online Only www.fusiontwirling.com