Hello, Thank you for your interest in adoption! Our mission is to place all of our adoptable pets in forever, safe and loving homes. Our adoption application will help us match you with a pet that best suits you and your lifestyle! We do not place our pets on a first come, first serve basis, but rather place them in the home that is the best fit for both the pet and the adopter(s).
Please read the following general requirements carefully before submitting an adoption application.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Submitted applications must be filled out fully and factually. Applications that are not filled out completely will not be processed.
- All applicants must reside within 180 miles of Mount Carroll, IL - unless a special exception has been made. Please email us at Sunnyacresrescue@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss the potential to adopt outside our specified radius.
- Current pet(s) in the applicant’s home must be up to date on vaccinations, monthly preventatives, and altered (spayed/neutered), for the safety of both them and the adopted animal. If there is a medical reason your pet(s) is not considered up-to-date, this is something that can be discussed with the rescue once your application has been submitted.
- All adopted animals must live indoors with their families and always be monitored closely when outdoors for their safety.
- Please be aware of any rental/association or home owners’ insurance restrictions you may have before applying. Such limits may include breed restrictions, number of pets allowed, weight requirements, etc.
The application must be completed in one sitting and cannot be saved to complete later. Clicking out of the browser may result in lost data. Applications will be kept on file, please only submit one application, thank you!