The Landings Landlovers was established in 1974. Its purpose is to promote fellowship through social and cultural activities while working towards the continued improvement of community life at The Landings and Skidaway Island. Our goal is to provide philanthropic support through Landlovers Foundation for non-profit groups that provide cultural, educational and other services, projects and/or programs for us to enjoy, tend to our health and safety, and beautify and improve our environment. The intent is to fund programs/projects and services that would not be possible without our grant funding.
Grant requests are prioritized based on two primary factors. The first factor is the impact the proposed program/project or service would have on the residents of Skidaway Island. The second factor is the importance the Landlovers grant would be to implementing the proposed program/project or service.
All grant applicants must be a non-profit organization. Applications will not be accepted for individual requests, travel expenses, salaries, stipends, general operating costs, or political or religious activities. The deadline for applications is March 21, 2023. Any organization which has not completed its grant evaluation for any previous year’s funding will not be considered for a grant. For further information, please contact Chris Lanigan (LandloversPres@gmail.com).
Landlovers Grants are distributed in May.
Categories for Landlovers Grants are:
1. Cultural and educational services or programs for adults and children
2. Nature and environmental projects or programs
3. Health and safety projects or programs
Criteria for receiving Landlovers Grants are:
1. Organizations must be a non-profit whose proposed program/project or service benefits or supports Skidaway Island or its residents.
2. Applications will not be accepted for individual requests, travel expenses, salaries, stipends, general operating costs or political or religious activities.
3. If funding has been granted in a previous year, a description of any previous year’s grant and the status of the supported program must be submitted prior to any new application being considered.
4. All grants are subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of Landlovers Foundation and compliance with the provisions of the organization’s charter and bylaws.
Organizations may submit an application for funding anytime during the year. Organizations must submit this application before March 21, 2023. Any organization that has not completed and sent in their grant evaluation for previous year’s funding will not be considered for a grant. Please complete all the information asked for in the evaluation form and email it to email@example.com. If the evaluation has not been previously submitted, it may be uploaded with this application.
Organizations will be notified in the spring upon selection. Landlovers Grants will be distributed in May 2023.