Scope and Overview
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information excludes anonymous or de-identified data that is not associated with a particular individual. We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information in connection with our prequalification activities:
- Contact details such as business name, names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, and work email addresses.
- Historic project history information, information on organization structures and other relevant experience including information contained in a resume of key personnel.
- Reference information and information received from background checks, where applicable, including information provided by third parties.
- Other organizational information, including information on suppliers, and safety qualifications.
- Information related to previous interest in contracting with the Siksika Nation or previous contractor or service provider history with Siksika Nation.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties where required by law or to our employees, contractors, designated agents, or third-party service providers who require it to assist us with administering the prequalification process, including third-party service providers who provide services for us or on our behalf. [We may use third-party service providers for various purposes, including, but not limited to, obtaining employment verification and background checks. These third-party service providers may be located outside of Canada.]
We require all our third-party service providers, by written contract, to implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal information consistent with our policies and any data security obligations applicable to us. We do not permit our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes, or to communicate your personal information to third parties without consent, subject to limited exceptions. We only permit them to use your personal information for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose your personal information for the following additional purposes where permitted or required by applicable law:
- As part of our regular reporting activities to the Siksika Group of Companies.
- To comply with legal obligations or valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders.
- When we disclose your personal information to comply with a legal obligation or legal process, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that we only disclose the minimum personal information necessary for the specific purpose and circumstances.
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of persons.
- Where the personal information is publicly available.
- If a business transfer or change in ownership occurs.
- For additional purposes with your consent where such consent is required by law.
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to secure your personal information against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. In addition, we limit personal information access to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the prequalification process. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you, or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information under certain circumstances. If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information, please contact us at QualityControl@Siksikanation.com. Any such communication must be in writing.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at QualityControl@Siksikanation.com.
Effective Date: February 1st, 2023