Parents, we’re excited to host your youth for NYC 23! In order to help everyone have a safe and fun experience, please make sure you show this document to your youth so they understand what is expected of them at NYC 23.
CODE OF CONDUCT
While attending NYC 23, I will respect:
- PEOPLE — I can honor God with how I treat others. I’ll show respect to everyone around me, including staff, leaders, volunteers, and other youth. This includes what I do and what I say. I’ll listen when others are speaking, and I’ll show gratitude for what others do for me.
- PROPERTY — Being allowed to use what belongs to others is a privilege. I’ll take care of all facilities, vehicles, and properties. I will leave every location better than I found it.
- MYSELF — I am responsible for the decisions I make. I’ll be a positive role model to others around me, obey all rules and instructions, and make wise choices.
While attending NYC 23, I won’t be:
- A BULLY — Being mean or hurtful to others is wrong — everyone should feel safe and welcome wherever I am. I won’t intimidate anyone, hurt anyone through my actions or words, be aggressive or violent, or make anyone feel left out. If I see bullying, I’ll report it a leader immediately.
- NEGATIVE — Our words should be used to build others up — not tear them down. I won’t gossip or talk about other people in a mean way, or say anything that could hurt someone.
- CARELESS — Going to camp and doing activities is fun, but it comes with responsibility. I’ll make sure I don’t put myself or others in danger, or take risks that could get someone hurt.
Parents/Guardian, if your youth breaks any of these rules, you may be called to pick him/her up from wherever he/she is at that time. There will be no refunds if this happens.
- Listen — Obey leaders and staff at all times.
- Bullying — Bullying will not be tolerated. This includes any attempt to harm, intimidate, isolate, or force someone to do something.
- Substances — No drugs, alcohol or any other illegal substances.
- Clothing — No inappropriate clothing. This includes revealing clothing and clothing with logos, phrases, or graphics that contain profanity or sexual/offensive content.
- Weapons — No weapons (including pocket knives) are permitted.
- Contact — No inappropriate contact with other youth. This includes any public or private display of romantic affection.
- Behavior — Stealing, lying, fighting, and other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
YOUTH: By attending camp, you will be informed of the NYC 23 Code of Conduct and Rules and you acknowledge to understand the NYC 23 Code of Conduct and Rules. If you break any of these rules, a parent or guardian will be called to pick you up, and you will not attend the rest of NYC 23.
PARENTS: By signing this form, you acknowledge that your youth understands the NYC 23 Code of Conduct and Rules, and that you are responsible for picking him/her up if any rules are broken.