of Kitchen Assistants in Training
Camp Sweyolakan believes in the development of all youth. Acceptance into the Kitchen Assistant in Training program is a privilege, and we expect that KAiTs meet all of the following behavior expectations:
- Be patient and understanding with campers. Be free with encouragement and positive affirmations.
- Treat all campers, peers, and staff with respect and fairness. Maintain appropriate conversations, attire, and behavior at all times.
- Discuss group issues with the Head Cook or Food Service Director. Accept and offer suggestions.
- Help dishwashers and campers with Dining Hall activities. Model always; participate when appropriate.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- When riding the boat assist with camper management.
- "Unplug" when at camp. Hand any cell phones/electronics over to Head Cook for use at appropriate and approved times.
If KAiTs do not meet these expectations, they will be counseled by the Head Cook, Camp Director and, if necessary, their responsible adult. If KAiTs continue to not meet these expectations, they may be dismissed from the program.