INDIVIDUAL STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING,
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE
(For Use by Individual)
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING
Event: Operation Project HOPE: Day of Service
School: Durfee Elementary School
Date: April 22, 2023
By signing below, I acknowledge my participation in the Event is completely voluntary and at my own risk and I understand and agree to the following:
· The Event is not organized, sponsored or operated by Los Angeles Unified School District (“LAUSD”).
· I understand and agree that I will not be covered under any of LAUSDs liability or workers’ compensation programs for any injury, death or damage incurred or caused as a result of my participation in the Event. I agree that I will be responsible (through personal insurance) for any and all expenses incurred as a result of personal injuries, death and/or property damage from my participation or the participation of my employees and/or volunteers, if any, in this Event.
· I agree that I am completely responsible for all liabilities, damages and injuries I may cause to LAUSD property, its members and employees and all third parties (e.g., spectators, buyers, etc.) as the result of my participation in this Event including personal injuries, death or property damage caused by my activities, equipment, displays, vehicles, supplies and goods, or items sold or otherwise distributed or brought to the School.
· I represent that I am physically fit and otherwise prepared to participate. I acknowledge and agree that the nature of my participation in the activity listed above may involve (a) physical activity, (b) contact with unidentified and unfamiliar persons, and (c) other potential risk of injury.
· I FULLY AND FOREVER WAIVE AND RELEASE LAUSD, THE BOARD OF EDUCATION, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL RIGHTS, LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DAMAGES AND CAUSES OF ACTIONS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT.