Broaden your candidate pool and attract talent to Frederick County!
Are you an employer in the STEM industry? Are you looking to fill summer STEM internship positions? This 10-week program is designed to stand out and appeal to a large geographic pool of qualified candidates from leading STEM schools outside of the Frederick area.
You provide the work experience and select your candidate & we will outreach to regional universities, provide summer housing, and teach your interns business etiquette and professional practices to succeed at your organization after graduation!
This program is a great way to attract professional talent to the Frederick area and is designed for interns to fall in love with both your company and everything Frederick County has to offer!
End of Summer Networking Event: Enrolled companies have exclusive access to all the participating interns at the closing networking event - a great time for you to get to know the interns and for the interns to know what opportunities your company could provide following their graduation.
Throughout the summer, interns enrolled in the program will participate in:
- 4 Professional Preparation Workshops equip students with professional skills to succeed at your workplace while providing space to learn from each others experiences and build community. Each workshop will be offered on location at one of our program sponsors’ facilities. Sign up to sponsor and give interns a tour of your facility!
- Business Etiquette 101: Communication for businesses and navigating office politics
- Local STEM Job Market & Resume Writing
- Growing Your Network: Cultivating business relationships & how to develop your LinkedIn presence
- Leadership Development: How to be intentional about your career path and develop your leadership skills
- Experience Frederick Events give interns the opportunity to discover all that Frederick County has to offer. These events are hosted by Frederick County Workforce Services (FCWS), Frederick County Office of Economic Development (FCOED), and Visit Frederick
- Downtown Frederick Tour & Welcome Orientation
- Cunningham Falls State Park History Hike
- End of Summer Networking Event (Open to all enrolled employers & interns)
- 10-Week Internship at your company from Monday, June 5th through Friday, August 11th in a STEM-related position.
Program Enrollment Options
Programming Only: $400 per Intern*
Already have an intern lined up? Equip your intern to succeed at your organization! The Programming Only option allows your intern to take advantage of the professional preparation workshops to help students transition from college to a work environment. Interns will explore Frederick County through sponsored events designed to showcase the area’s unique urban and rural landscapes. This option includes 1 ticket for your staff to meet and network with the interns at the End of Summer Networking Event.
Housing & Programming Bundle: $3,300 per Intern*
Attract talent from outside Frederick and equip them for success at your organization! We will post your provided job description to the job boards of 20 colleges and universities across MD, VA, DC, PA, and WV. Once you screen and select your candidate, we will reserve their dorm room at Hood College from June 3rd through August 12th, 2023. Interns will also receive two meals per day at Hood College’s student cafeteria. In addition to receiving housing, the interns will be able to participate in all the programming included in the option above. This option includes 1 ticket for your staff to meet and network with the interns at the End of Summer Networking Event.
*Program costs cover the price of food and transportation for the various events, and the cost of student housing if that option is selected.
- Complete the form below to indicate interest in enrolling your current or potential interns in the program. This will put a hold on the slots available.
- If you are enrolling in the housing program, we will collect your position information below and list it on the job boards and through the career centers of regional colleges and universities. Once you interview and select a candidate, you will need to email us to finish enrolling at which time you will receive an invoice for the housing & programming fee.
- If you are enrolling your current intern in the programming only option, you will receive an invoice for the program fee.
- Once all the interns have been enrolled, we will send detailed information on the dates and times of the various events to both you and your interns. We will also start to collect RSVP's for the End of Summer Networking Event.
Program Sponsor: $2,500 (0 remaining)
Sponsored by Visit Frederick
Tour Sponsor: $1,500 (2 remaining)
Host our interns for a morning tour of your business with a professional development breakfast. Lead the students on a tour of your facility, and then provide space for the group to meet for a professional development module. Sponsorship includes (2) tickets for your staff to attend the End of Summer Networking Event.
Have questions? Email Mariel Fedde at email@example.com for more information.