Are you an employer in the STEM industry hosting or recruiting summer interns? We have an exciting opportunity to make your internship package more robust by enrolling your interns in the Discover Frederick STEM Internship Program!
The program is an effort to help our Frederick County businesses attract and retain the STEM talent they need. Hosted by Frederick County Office of Economic Development and Workforce Services and through the generous sponsorship of Visit Frederick, First United Bank and Trust, and Woodsboro Bank, the program brings our area’s STEM interns together to learn from each other, brush up on their professional skills, and learn about the many reasons why Frederick is a great place to live, work, and thrive!
Throughout the summer, interns enrolled in the program will participate in:
- Professional Preparation Workshops equip students with professional skills to succeed at your workplace while providing space to learn from each others experiences and build community. Each workshop will be offered on location at one of our program sponsors’ facilities. Sign up to sponsor and give interns a tour of your facility!
- Business Etiquette 101: Communication for businesses and navigating office politics
- Local STEM Job Market & Resume Writing
- Growing Your Network: Cultivating business relationships & how to develop your LinkedIn presence
- Leadership Development: How to be intentional about your career path and develop your leadership skills
- Experience Frederick Events give interns the opportunity to discover all that Frederick County has to offer. These events are hosted by Frederick County Workforce Services (FCWS), Frederick County Office of Economic Development (FCOED), and Visit Frederick
- Downtown Frederick Tour & Welcome Orientation
- Cunningham Falls State Park History Hike
- End of Summer Networking Event (Open to all enrolled employers & interns)
- Internship at your company this summer in a STEM-related position
Program Enrollment Options
Programming Only: FREE thanks to our sponsors!
Already have an intern lined up? Equip your intern to succeed at your organization! The Programming Only option allows your intern to take advantage of the professional preparation workshops to help students transition from college to a work environment. Interns will explore Frederick County through sponsored events designed to showcase the area’s unique urban and rural landscapes. This option includes 1 ticket for your staff to meet and network with the interns at the End of Summer Networking Event.
- Complete the form below to indicate interest in enrolling your current or potential interns in the program. This will put a hold on the slots available.
- Once all the interns have been enrolled, we will send detailed information on the dates and times of the various events to both you and your interns. We will also start to collect RSVP's for the End of Summer Networking Event.
Program Sponsor: $2,500 (0 remaining)
Thank you to our Program Sponsor:
Tour Sponsor: $1,500 (0 remaining)
Host our interns for a morning tour of your business with a professional development breakfast. Lead the students on a tour of your facility, and then provide space for the group to meet for a professional development module. Sponsorship includes (2) tickets for your staff to attend the End of Summer Networking Event.
Thank you to our Tour Sponsors:
First United Bank and Trust
Have questions? Email Mariel Fedde at email@example.com for more information.