Before completing this application form, please read the details related to the qualifications and eligibility requirements. You must submit this completed application form and all supplementary sheets to NSBE – Birmingham Professionals by April 10, 2023.
Contact email@example.com if additional information is needed.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES for Engineering Scholarships
The Engineering Scholarships program supports the mission of the National Society of Black Engineers – Birmingham Professionals to increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community by:
- Stimulating and developing student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Encouraging and advising minority youth in their pursuit of an engineering career
- Striving to increase the number of students that pursue engineering at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Promoting public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for minorities in that profession
- Candidates should consider these program objectives carefully before applying and be prepared to explain in their personal statements how their study plans would support the objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS for Engineering Scholarships
Qualified scholars must demonstrate professionalism, motivation, leadership, initiative, and personal achievement. Scholars are expected to support program objectives by choosing a study in the field of engineering or related science that will help address the technical needs of the community.
- Students must intend to enroll in an Engineering program accredited by ABET
- Students must be a graduating high school senior entering at the college freshman level in the upcoming summer or fall term
- Students must attend high schools within the greater Birmingham Metropolitan area
- Students must be a citizen of the United States at the date of application