Field Trip Request
Please use this form to request a field trip to one of our facilities: Holland Energy Park, the Water Reclamation Facility, or the Water Treatment Plant. For more information on our educational programs visit https://hollandbpw.com/en/education. Please allow 5-7 business days for your field trip request to process.
Please include the name and information for the teacher or chaperone attending the field trip. If you are organizing the field trip on behalf of a teacher, please include your contact information in the questions and comments box at the end of this form.
Contact Person Phone
Please enter a valid phone number.
Contact Person Email
Student and Chaperone Information
Chaperone Requirements: 1 adult chaperone is required for every 5 students for elementary programs. 1 chaperone is required for middle and high school student programs, however more may attend. Additional chaperones may be required depending on program choice.
Number of Students
Number of Chaperones Attending
Grade of Students
Lower Elementary (1st-3rd)
Upper Elementary (4th-5th)
Middle School (6th-8th)
High School (9th-12th)
For more details regarding our program options, visit hollandbpw.com/education.
Holland Energy Park Plant Tour (High School Only)
Holland Energy Park Visitor Center Scavenger Hunt (Upper Elementary - 12th)
Early Energy Explorers (PreK - Lower Elementary)
Energy Exploration (Elementary Only)
Water Reclamation Facility Tour (High School Only)
Reclamation Researchers (6th-12th)
Water Treatment Plant Tour (High School Only)
Drinking Water Discovery (6th-12th)
What a Wonderful Water Cycle! (Elementary Only)
Great Lakes Guardians (Elementary Only)
Are there any specific topics/topics your class is currently studying that you’d like us to focus on?
First choice date and arrival time for your field trip
Second choice date and arrival time for your field trip
Please describe any special needs, ESL, ELL, or other information we should consider to ensure you have a positive experience:
Please note the following safety requirements:
1) I understand that closed toe shoes are required to be worn by all participants and anyone not wearing appropriate footwear will not be allowed on a tour or field trip
2) I understand that facility tours and field trips (with the exception of HEP Visitor Center tour) are not ADA accessible.
3) I understand that those who utilize electronic medical devices (such as pacemakers) are not permitted on the plant floor at Holland Energy Park. Electronic devices used for a medical purpose can be particularly sensitive and may malfunction due to electromagnetic field conditions present.
4) I understand that as the tour organizer it is my responsibility to ensure participants are aware of the safety acknowledgments.
I agree to update student participant and chaperone numbers prior to attending a program as a change in participation may impact programming. I also understand that unforeseen weather conditions, facility maintenance, unexpected outages, or drills may require my field trip to be rescheduled.
I understand these conditions and agree to communicate any changes to the Education and Visitor Programs Specialist (616-355-1213) prior to our field trip.
My group is unable to meet these conditions and I agree to discuss our limitations with the Education and Visitor Programs Specialist (616-355-1213) to help determine our tour options.
Acknowledgment of Safety
I understand these conditions and agree to communicate them to my group.
My group is unable to meet these conditions and I agree to discuss our limitations with the Education and Visitor Programs Specialist to help determine our options.
Would you like to be added to our educator email list for more about field trips and future BPW educational programming?
Yes, add me to your email list.
No, I'd prefer not to be added.
13. Please share any comments, questions, or concerns regarding your field trip request.
Should be Empty: