2023 Queen's Cup
WAIVER and MEDIA RELEASE
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the 2023 Queen's Cup, including any and all related events and activities (collectively, the “Event”), the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1) I understand that my safety and the decision whether or not to participate in the Event and its various activities are my responsibility and not that of New York Yacht Club, New York Yacht Club Regatta Association, Inc. or any sponsors of the Event (including any of their affiliated companies) and each of any such entity’s officers, directors, officials, agents, employees and volunteers or any other affiliated organization or official, (collectively as "Releasees");
2) I agree to abide by any and all rules, instructions, policies or procedures published with respect to the Event, including all New York Yacht Club rules; and
3) The risk of serious injury from the activities involved in the Event are significant, including the potential for damage, injury, permanent disability and death;
4) I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
5) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators, successors, assigns and next of kin, HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, EACH OF THE RELEASEES WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSE OF ACTION, SUITS, DAMAGE, LOSS, INJURY, DISABILITY, OR DEATH, TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, resulting from or arising out of my participation in the Event, whether arising from the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6) I grant, at no cost, New York Yacht Club, New York Yacht Club Regatta Association, Inc. and any and all sponsors of the Event (including any of their affiliated companies) the absolute right and permission to use my name, voice, image, likeness, biographical material and images or representations of any of my property (including, without limitation, boats) in any media worldwide (including, without limitation, television, print and internet media) for the purposes of advertising and promotions, as well as reporting and disseminating information regarding the Event and its participants. I understand that the foregoing right and permission includes, without limitation, still images and video footage which may be created before, during or after the Event.
I HAVE READ THIS Acknowledgement of Risk, Release, Hold Harmless and Media Rights AGREEMENT, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.