The 2023 ReLeaf Network Retreat will be held on May 10-11th in Sacramento, California. The Network Retreat is the annual get-together for California’s urban forest nonprofits and community organizations dedicated to improving the health and livability of California cities by planting and caring for trees.
Thanks to the generous support from our partners – the US Forest Service and CAL FIRE – as well as our sponsors, we are offering travel reimbursement stipends to help defray expenses associated with travel to the ReLeaf Network Retreat.
Please carefully read the eligibility and requirements below. The memorandum establishes the expectations between California ReLeaf as the administrator of the travel stipend and the travel stipend recipient on the responsibilities to be eligible for reimbursement.
Eligibility for Travel Stipend
- Funding for travel stipends is offered only to up-to-date Network Member organizations who submitted a renewal/ application in 2023.
- There is a limit of one stipend per organization.
- Funding for stipends is limited and will be allocated based on the applying Network Member's organizational budget size and financial need.
- The applicant organization's attendee must attend the entire ReLeaf Network Retreat.
- The applicant organization must have at least one person from their organization registered to attend the Retreat to be eligible to apply for a travel stipend.
Allowable Travel Stipend Use
Reimbursable expenses include costs associated with transportation and lodging (not food). Travel Stipends will only be issued after the grantee completes California ReLeaf's Online Reporting Form, which requires providing receipt copies and mileage documentation. Eligible travel expenses which exceed the maximum will be used as an In-kind Match reported to the US Forest Service.
Travel Stipend Amount Eligibility
- $150 - Traveling from greater than 75 miles to 299 miles
- $300 - Traveling from greater than 300 miles
Reimbursement and Reporting Requirement Expectations
If awarded the travel stipend, the recipient must:
- Arrange their own travel and lodging reservations
- Travel Stipend Recipients must collect receipts and report all expenses you or your organization incurred in attending the event using California ReLeaf's Online Reporting Form by May 31, 2023.
- California ReLeaf will reimburse travel stipend recipients $150 (for traveling greater than 75 miles to 299 miles) or up to $300 (for traveling greater than 300 miles) for eligible travel expenses for the 2023 ReLeaf Network Retreat upon approval of the completed form and receipts. Payment may take up to 30 days to process.
Questions? Contact Shannon McDonald, Finance & Admin Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org