This Agency requires adherence to the following Standards and Procedures:
1. All employees are expected to dress in a manner appropriate to the health care environment, or as directed by the patient/family. This includes personal hygiene, jewelry, hair and makeup.
2. Please do not smoke in the presence of a patient.
4. You are expected to arrive on time to all assignment that you have accepted. However, if an emergency or any situation should cause you to be five minutes late. or more, or to be totally absent from the assignment you must notify the Agency immediately. PLEASE DO NOT CALL YOUR PATIENT DIRECTLY. You may call the Agency 24 hours a day if you need to cancel or reschedule your assignment. A NO-CALL, NO-SHOW IS GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION!
5. If you have any problem, incident or accident on the job. do not discuss it with the patient, but call the Agency immediately.
6. If the patient asks you to stay longer than your assignment or to leave earlier, you must call the Agency first, for approval.
7. Paraprofessional personnel (i.e. Aides) hereby acknowledge that they WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CONDITIONS. DISPENSE OR ADMINISTER ANY MEDICATION.
8. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to ask for or accept any money from your patient or take-home property that belongs to the patient This is grounds of termination depending on circumstances.
9. There shall not be any involvement with the patient's financial affairs (i.e. check writing).
10. You are expected to honor the confidentiality of any patient information which is obtained in the regular course of your employment.
11. No personal telephone calls should be made or received by you while on assignment.
12. Please do not discuss your pay or any other personal affairs with the patient/family.
13. As an employee of this Agency, you are not authorized to accept any direct employment that may be offered to you by your patient/client/family. If you are requested to do so, please have the patient contact us.
14. It is imperative that all signed notes and documentation including Daily Log, be filled out properly and returned to the office as per our schedule. If the patient is unable to sign your note, a family member or responsible party may sign.
15. During employment this Agency's proprietary materials (i.e. forms, medical records) will be used only in connection with employment and will not be disclosed to anyone without authorization from the Agency.