Thank you for your interest in the Corona-Norco United Way Board of Directors!
Position: Board of Directors Member
Location: Corona, CA 92882
Role Summary: The Corona-Norco United Way Board of Directors is comprised of a diverse group of community members, mostly in our service area, but more importantly, people who are passionate about out mission and the work we do. Typically, the Board of Directors are responsible for fundraising, strategic leadership, resource and relationship management, reputation building, stewardship of CNUW assets, performance management and measurement, and more.
- Attendance in monthly meetings (4th Friday of every month at 7:00 AM, alternating from in-person to Zoom meetings)
- Active participation in events and relevant CNUW business
- Yearly Hourly Commitment: 20-25 hours minimum
- Term Length: 3 years
- Must clearly demonstrate an alignment with our mission, vision and values
- Be willing to commit and participate in monthly meetings and events
- Willing to advocate for donors and sponsors on the organization's behalf
- Must maintian at least one of the following:
- Strategic Thinker
- Connects Leaders to Leaders
- Advocate for Community
- Future Focused
- Steward of Brand and Trust
- Access to Resources and Assets
- Access to Legislators
- Access to Community Leaders
- Access to Content Experts
- Access to National Influencers
- Skills & Experience:
- Business Operations (finance, HR, IT, etc.)
- Faith Based
Passion for the community: giving back is a rewarding way to share a skill set and talents with a nonprofit that serves a particular mission you feel passionate about.
Personal/Professional Development: fine-tune invaluable skills that can advance a professional career, such as public speaking, networking and leadership experience. There is also opportunity to strengthen project and team management skills, with fellow board members, volunteers and non-paid staff. HOWEVER, for the Corona-Norco United Way, you NEED TO BE COMMITTED.
Business Development: access to business leaders and demonstrate professional value through meaningful participation in board meetings in addition to expanding your network.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Alia A. Rodriguez, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 951-736-0620 ext. 408.