Before you proceed there are a couple things that you should know:
1. AS220 generally does not offer guarantees to performers. Instead, we opt for a model where performers are paid out after reaching a certain threshold in attendance. This is to ensure that we can offer our stages to anyone without any upfront costs. Please understand that the Live Arts portion of AS220 generally operates at a loss and this payment model helps to keep the venues alive.
2. We typically only book Thursday through Sunday evenings for events with load in beginning at 6p. If you'd like to do something outside of those times (a Sunday at noon, for example), we will need to make special arrangements. Send along an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in those instances. BUT! please fill out the form as normal if that isn't the case. Emails that could be solved by the form will simply be responded to with the form.
3. We have a huge waiting list for people who want to book the space..! Therefore, people who cancel less than 2 weeks in advance of the booked event may be restricted from booking again for several months depending on the circumstances. If your situation changes, communicate with us as soon as you can! 😰
4. We prioritize public performances over private rentals, and that will be reflected in what time slots and spaces we can offer to you. Also, if your event is free we'll need to treat it as a rental on our end to cover our expenses. The current rental fee is $25/hr for use of the space + $25/hr for sound tech. It is possible to stay at the lower rental rate if your event does not require production managers (for example, a workshop that does not require mics or fancy lighting).
5. We prioritize RI residents over traveling acts! That said, though you aren't required to have any local acts in your event it is highly recommended that you do so. If you need a little help finding local bands try looking at the RI Band Census. It was compiled for cases just like this..! 🎺
6. This form isn't for the dance studio! If you're looking to book the dance studio you'll wanna look here instead: ➡ Dance Studio Booking Form ⬅
7. Finally, this form is for making requests, not solid plans! Nothing is set in stone around here until you receive confirmation from the booking manager via email.
If this all sounds good to you then proceed to the next page of the form! Good luck and hope to see you soon! :)
AS220 is Uncensored, Unjuried, All Ages, All the time.