Cash Prizes for Youth Art & Youth Photography
1st Prize - $100
2nd Prize - $75
3rd Prize - $50
- Colour Photography
- B&W Photography
- Tattoo Designs
- Mechanical (robots, gears, cars)
- Cropped/Limited Perspective
- Stained Glass
- Still Life
- Sculpture/Clay Work
- Carving (all medium types)
- Folk Art
- Model Painting
- Work must not be older than 3 years old.
- Original work only. You must be able to prove origin if asked (sketches & references). No prints.
- Maximum size allowed for 2D work is 24x36 inches or 864 sq. inches without frame. This includes diptychs and triptychs.
- Your entry fee allows up to 3 pieces. Diptych and triptychs are one entry and the pieces must be shown together in one image.
- Work must be display ready and framed with a hanging wire or it will be disqualified. We cannot accept artwork without this because of potential for damage and insurance policy demands
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Youth Show is open to anyone who is 13 to 18 years of age.
- Our juror may eliminate or combine categories if not enough entries for a category have been received.
- All work must remain on display for the duration of the Fine Arts Show.
Original art means work that you have conceived in your own mind. Copying from another’s work in any way shape or form is not permitted.
A project done in a class or workshop is allowed but work completed outside the classroom is preferred. The product you are presenting should be 100% yours and without input from others. A piece that has been critiqued in an art group meeting is permitted.
Insurance for artwork is the artist’s responsibility. All possible precautions are done to ensure security of work, with security people, and in a secure facility.
Artwork will be posted on our Website
Photos of artwork that have placed in any category will be posted on our website. A copyright graphic will be used on each image and the images will not be available for download by the public.
Artwork Can Be Sold at Show (Optional)
You have the option to list the price you want to sell your artwork for and then we give any interested buyers your contact info. The sale will be between you and the buyer. We do not take any portion of the sale.
June 15 - $10.00
After the show is set up
Lloydminster Museum + Archives, 4207 - 44 Street, Lloydminster, SK
Artwork Delivery Date for Show:
September 8 (Friday) 10 am - 6 pm or September 9 (Saturday) 10 am - 6 pm
No items will be accepted into the show after 6 pm on Sep 9. No exceptions. Packing must be taken home and cannot be left at Museum.
Sep 16 to Oct 21, 2023
Awards Reception & Pick-Up Date:
Oct 21, 2023 (Saturday)
Lloydminster Museum + Archives, 4207 - 44 Street
Time: 1 pm - 3 pm
Awards Ceremony at 1:30 pm. Pick up of artwork to follow.
Please note: We do not have storage space to keep artwork past this date.
Juror: Cindy Sorley-Keichinger
Cindy is an award winning artist who lives on a farm near Kitscoty, Alberta. She has taken several workshops from some of the top artists in her genre. She paints primarily in acrylic but also uses oil and gouache. She is a member of several artist organizations, including Society of Animal Artists (Associate Member), Women Artists of the West (Associate Member), American Women Artists (Associate Member), National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society (Signature Member), American Artists Professional League (Fellow) and Artists for Conservation (Signature Member.) Her main focus is wildlife but also paints landscapes. Her work has been in several shows around North America and overseas. Cindy was 2022 Wildlife Artist of the Year finalist in the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation competition. Her work is available through her website www.goldenkstudio.com or from Picture This Gallery in Sherwood Park, Alberta, www.PictureThisGallery.com.
Shipping of Artwork:
If you cannot bring your artwork to the show location, you can ship it via mail or courier to:
Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0
780-847-2294 or cell 780-871-4724
Please note that we are not responsible for delays with delivery and that there will be no exceptions for artwork that arrives after the deadline.