English Level Test
Street Address Line 2
State / Province
Postal / Zip Code
This test will indicate your English proficiency level and is divided into two sections.. Read each question carefully and select the correct answer by filling out the boxes. You should do the test without any help.
1. I come …... Italy.
2. Ann, how are you?
I’m’ a nurse
I’m fine, thanks. And you?
3. Whose key is that?
It’s of John
It’s to John
4. His office is on the first …..
I can’t find my glasses. Can you look for ….. please?
6. ……. there any cars on the street?
7. A: ……. do you go to the gym? B: Twice a week.
8. I like ……. in my spare time.
9. Jack ….. play music when he was three.
10. I ……. born in 1989.
11. Where …….. Ann at 6 p.m. yesterday?
12. He is interested ….. learning English.
13. Would you like ….. to drink, sir?
14. What …… next week?
do you do
are you doing
have you done
did you do
15. Look! The bus …….
16. …… you go to school last week?
17. A: Have you visited England? B: …….
18. My mother ……… the carpet when I got home yesterday.
19. I promise I ……. study harder.
20. Is Sara ………. Carla?
as tall as
21. Is that book …..?
22. You …. see a doctor.
23. You should …… martial arts.
24. I …… smoke when I was 20.
25. We …… the flight tickets yet.
26. I ……. my cellphone since 2012.
27. I’ve spoken to a boy …. father died of cancer last week.
28. If I …. a rich man, I would have lots of cars.
29. Drive …… otherwise you’ll have an accident.
30. When I got home, someone …. the window.
31. …… the better team, we lost the match.
Despite of being
Despite the fact
32. By this time next year, I ….. all my exams.
will have taken
33. It was …… boring film that I fell asleep.
34. Why didn’t she let …… ?
them to go
to go them
35. A shop……. is someone who steals from shops.
36. What would you do if you ….. Susan?
37. ……… you finish, you'll be in trouble.
38. I saw her just ……. day.
39. He denied ……… it.
40. She went ….. to become a minister.
In this section you will watch four videos with questions. Try to answer these questions by filling out the boxes. Certain questions are open-ended ones.
1- What does Gonzalo do?
He is a fashion designer.
He is a lawyer.
He is a photographer
2- What did he use to do?
Used to be a nurse.
Used to be a singer.
Used to be a student.
3- What are his favorite subjects?
1. Who is most positive about the cuisine in their country?
Both of them.
2. Which is the most popular foreign cuisine?
Indian and Brazilian food.
3. What example does Victor give of American cuisine?
4. What does Victor say about food in California compared to other parts of the country?
They don’t fry food.
They fry food too much.
They are the same.
5. What does Victor mean when he says “buzz words”?
6. What does Jackie say about American cuisine?
American food is not good.
American food is healthy.
American food is diverse
7. What’s Jackie's favorite type of cuisine? Why?
Brazilian food, because of the fact that she is a carnivore.
Brazilian food, because of the fact that she likes spicy food.
American food, because of the fact that she likes fast food.
1. One of the reasons David started researching his family history was because he never met his grandparents on his mother's side.
True, because he never met his grandparents on his mother side.
False, because of the fact that his grandmother lived for a long time so he had the chance to ask her.
False, because of the fact that he didn’t have the chance to know his grandfather.
2. David begins his research by talking to distant family members.
True, by talking to his parents and relatives.
False, by talking to his cousins.
False, by talking to his siblings.
3. David's main resource for obtaining official documents is local offices.
False, through searching online.
True, through going to local offices.
False, through the internet.
David Torchiano uses phrasal verbs that makes his interview less formal. Rewatch the video and try to find out some of the phrasal verbs that he uses. Then try to give the synonym of each of these phrasal verbs in the following part.
1. And the more that I went to_____ it, the more interesting the stories became to me.
2. And then I started to______ from there using Ancestry.com or you know, different resources.
3. You know, even just going to the public library and seeing if I could____ documents that way.
4. How far did he manage to go back searching his family background?
1. What are the definitions of FOMO and JOMO? (Your answer must be as precise as possible)
2. What are the factors that make us feel FOMO? (only one answer)
Constant doubt about ourselves and criticizing others.
Comparing ourselves with others and materialism.
Having deep relationships with others and encouraging ourselves.
3. What should we do to experience JOMO?
To experience JOMO, we need to be patient and experience things.
To be willing to do things and ready to live.
To follow people and stop comparing ourselves.
4. What does ‘moderate life’ mean according to Aristotle?
Having too much.
Comparing life’s extremities.
End of the test.
We will send you the correction of the test as well as your level as soon as possible.
Nous vous enverrons la correction du test ainsi que votre niveau dans les plus brefs délais.
Should be Empty:
Now create your own Jotform - It's free!
Create your own Jotform