II. Who We Are
a. History (BGCA & BGCRC)
b. Mission Statement
1. “To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.”
c. Club Code
1. “I believe in God and the right to worship according to my own faith and religion. I believe in America, and the American way of life, the constitution and the Bill of Rights. I believe in fair play, honesty, and sportsmanship. I believe in my Boys & Girls Club, which stands for all of these things.”
d. Impact Areas (of programming)
1. Good Character & Citizenship
2. Academic Success
3. Healthy Lifestyles
e. Explanation of our structured programming
1. We provide activities and programs that are age appropriate (members grouped according to grades)
2. Members rotate to program areas according to a specific program/event schedule
3. Staff members stay with their groups, supervise and facilitate
4. Members are encouraged to try new activities and take advantage of new experiences
II. Membership Requirements
a. Youth must be rising 1st graders - rising 12th graders
b. Completed application, with all necessary emergency contacts & information
c. $40.00 membership fee (Membership expires on July 28, 2023)
III. Days/Hours of Operation and Fees
a. We are open Monday-Friday from 7am - 6pm
b. WEEKLY FEES: Weekly fees for the summer program are $85.00 per child. They are to be paid by each Friday for the following week (paid in advance). A $5.00 late fee will be added for each week past due. We accept major credit cards, Venmo, cash & checks. There is a $35.00 return check fee.
c. FIELD TRIPS: Some field trips offered may require an additional fee and will be considered an incentive for positive behavior. However, field trips will not be a mandatory part of our porgram.
d. LATE/EARLY FEES: Any member who is dropped off prior to "opening" or picked up after "closing" will be subject to a fee of $1/per minute/per child. These fees must be paid in full before the member returns to the Boys & Girls Clubs.
IV. Club Membership Cards
a. Members well receive a membership card. The first card is issued at no cost. However, there is a fee of $2 for each replacement card.
b. All members must bring their membership card every day, as well as sign in/out every day. Participation in Club activities and programs will be limited in the event that a member forgets or loses their card; however, they must still sign in at the front desk.
V. Field Trips
a. All field trips that require additional payment must be signed up for and paid at least 2 business days in advance for members to participate. These field trips are non-refundable and non-transferable. Weekly fees must be current in order for members to attend these field trips.
b. ALL field trips are a privilege and are an incentive for positive behavior. Should a member display challenging behavior, participation in field trips may be revoked without notice (also non-refundable and non-transferable if applicable)
c. All members must have their membership card present and wear the current Club t-shirt in order to participate in field trips. Phone calls will not be made to a parent/guardian if a member does not have their shirt or card. All members who meet the above requirements will be sent on our "standard" field trips unless parents complete an "opt out" form at the front desk, or the member decides to participate in Club activities instead.
VI. Membership Expectations
a. Members are expected to follow the directions of and respect all staff, volunteers, and peers. They are also expected to follow the guidelines/rules in each program area at all times.
1. See Club Member Consequence Chart
b. Equipment and property must be handled with care. In the event that a member causes damage, they (parents/guardians) will be subject to repair/replacement fees.
c. The Boys & Girls Clubs implement a “Zero Tolerance” policy for the following behavioral challenges. Violation of this policy will result in an automatic suspension period. Some cases may result in expulsion.
1. Physical altercations and/or threatening the safety of others
2. All Forms of Bullying (see www.stopbullying.gov for additional information)
5. Inappropriate behavior (includes sexual behavior, drugs/tobacco/alcohol, weapons, etc.)
6. Disrespectful attitude towards Staff, volunteers, and/or fellow members
d. Suspension/Expulsion Policy
1. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Rutherford County reserves the right to suspend/expel any member at our discretion. If a member is suspended/expelled at one Club, they will not be permitted to attend another Boys & Girls Clubs of Rutherford County Club Site (Murfreesboro, Smyrna, & Shelbyville) during that period.
e. DRESS CODE: Members may not wear tank tops with straps less than 3 fingers width, open toed shoes, revealing or inappropriate clothing and/or accessories. Pants and shorts must also be worn at the waist and shorts/skirts must be at fingertip’s length. On days that require a bathing suit, boys must wear board shorts, and girls must wear a full one-piece bathing suit.
e. PERSONAL BELONGINGS: The Boys & Girls Clubs are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Toys, dolls, electronics, games, trading/game cards, fidget spinners/cubes, slime, etc. are not permitted at the Club.
f. CELL PHONES: Members are permitted to bring thier cell phones. However, they must be kept out of sight and may not be used while participating in Club activities. Should cell phones be in sight, it may result in the phone being confiscated until the end of the day.
g. PHONE CALLS: Club phones are for emergency purposes only and are limited for use by members.
VII. Safety & Illness
a. Visit www.bgcrc.net/safety and review our Parent Handbook to review our full illness policy.
VIII. Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
a. Curb-side: Parents/guardians may pull up to the front of the Club, or park in designated parking spaces, to drop off or pick up their child(ren). Photo identification must be presented at pick-up and your child(ren) much be signed out.
b. Under no circumstance can a member wait outside of the facility prior to the Club opening or while waiting to be picked up without the staff's supervision.
c. Parents may not drop off/pick up their children at field trip locations.
IX. Meals: Snack & Dinner
a. We will serve breakfast, lunch and a light afternoon snack to members every day during designated scheduled times (times are TBA)
b. Meals must be consumed only in the designated serving areas
X. Parent Information
a. Visitor Policy
1. No adult may pass the front desk/lobby area without properly signing in and receiving credentials
2. Health (physical, emotional & mental) and medication
3. Restrictions & restraints
c. Texting Service
1. Text (message): BGCsmyrna, BGCmboro, or BGCbedford to 88202
d. Please check the bulletin/dry erase boards in the lobby each day for updated information.
XI. Open Discussion/Q & A
XII. Welcome to the Boys & Girls Clubs Family!