Attention Liberty Attendants: Time to Vote on Your Union Contract!
After hard work, we’ve negotiated a new contract with management. This agreement is another step for us in our work to make home care jobs good jobs with living wages and benefits.
You can click here to read the Tentative Agreement in full, and the summary is below.
We’re grateful for your support as we were negotiating at the bargaining table, and hope you join one of our meetings soon to make even more improvements in the future.
Your Union Bargaining Committee
If a majority of attendants ratify this agreement, here is a summary of the changes we’d experience:
- Current Employees
- Kept our wage scale that rewards seniority.
- July 1st 2023: The wage rate for current employees with increase to $15 or by $0.75, whichever is greater
- July 1, 2024: The wage rate for current employees with increase to $15.25 or by $0.25, whichever is greater
- July 1, 2025: The wage rate for current employees with increase to $15.50 or by $0.25, whichever is greater
- Start Rate
- July 1st, 2023: The start rate will increase to $14.25
- July 1st, 2024: The start rate will increase to $14.50
- July 1st, 2025: The start rate will increase to $15.00
Paid Time Off
- 2 additional Special Days: Attendants will receive 1.5 times their usual wage rate for scheduled and authorized work on Martin Luther King Jr. Day or Juneteenth.
- Attendants shall earn one (1) hour of Paid Time Off for each 40 Hours during the fiscal year (July 1 though June 30) up to an annual maximum of 40 hours of PTO.
- This raises annual maximum from 30 hours to 40 hours.
- At the end of each fiscal year, attendants will be able to have up to 16 hours of PTO accrued and not yet used either paid out or rolled over into the next year.
- All attendants will be eligible for 16 hours of paid bereavement leave in the event of a death of Immediate family member or their current consumer.
Training and Education
- New mandatory training:
- CPR Certification: all new hires will be required to complete a paid (for up to 4 hours) CPR training in their first six months of hire.
- New optional trainings:
- Advanced Skills and Certifications: Any attendant who voluntarily participates in advanced skill trainings and/or additional certifications offered by the Homecare Hub will be paid for their participation at their regular hourly rate.
- Completion Bonus: Any attendant who voluntarily completes at least four of the advanced skill trainings and/ or additional certifications offered by the Homecare Hub will receive a $400 completion bonus within 1 month of completing the fourth training.
- Qualifying situations will now include:
- Excessive rodent or pest presence
- The brandishing of a weapon by the consumer or any persons in the household
- The attendant will be paid for their scheduled shift on that day up to a maximum of 3 hours. This is an increase from the previous amount of two hours.
OFFICIAL LIBERTY RATIFICATION BALLOT