|2023-2024 Application Guidelines and Requirements (Jan. 2023)
FADONA’s scholarship program was created to help nursing students pay for their degree and for nurses to pursue advanced training and education. This is a way for FADONA to give back to the community of nurses who will be at the forefront of long-term care (LTC) in the 21st century. The Patches Bryan Scholarship was named in honor of a nurse leader who cherished knowledge, education, and advanced training. With generous financial support from AbleHearts Healthcare Foundation and others, two (2) $1,000 scholarships are offered twice a year. To be eligible, applicants must be enrolled in an accredited Florida nursing program or registered for a nationally accredited LTC-based certification program, and be actively employed by the same facility, or employer, as the nominator.
We are seeking deserving applicants who share Patches Bryan’s passion for learning, championing of quality and clinical advancement, and raising the bar of nursing excellence and resident care in the LTC setting. An applicant may be nominated by either a direct or indirect supervisor, and it does not need to be their current supervisor. Unlike 1d, neither the applicant nor the nominator for 1a, 1b, or 1c, is required to be a FADONA member. However, a FADONA member must endorse the nomination by submitting a letter of recommendation to FADONA’s Scholarship Review Committee.
- Applicant must be a licensed RN, LPN, or CNA, and a Florida resident.
- CNA must be currently enrolled in an accredited Florida RN or LPN program,
- LPN must be currently enrolled in an accredited Florida RN program or undergraduate nursing program, be actively employed by the same facility, or employer, as the nominator.
- RN must be currently accepted or enrolled in a baccalaureate or master’s program in nursing, or seeking LTC-relevant advanced training or nationally recognized certification.
- Director of Nursing or Assistant Director of Nursing must be a current member of NADONA/FADONA and have been in his or her role for a minimum of two (2) years at the same SNF facility and seeking a LTC-relevant and nationally-recognized certification credential.
- A minimum of two (2) years employment history in long-term care (LTC),
- List names of employers and dates of employment history in LTC, and
- All application requirements met. There will be a minimum of $1,000 awarded to selected applicants – paid directly to the college, university, accredited LPN school, or nationally-recognized credentialing organization.
REVIEW PROCESS: Each application is reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and eligible applications are presented to the FADONA/LTC Board for approval. Individuals who receive scholarships must agree to have their name, vital information, and photograph published in FADONA Focus® and other industry publications.
Note: By completing the following application, I indicate that I am a member of FADONA or am being nominated by a member of FADONA, am employed in LTC, and plan on remaining employed in LTC for at least two years after graduation.
Submit all applications to the FADONA business office. Applications ust be completed in full to be considered.
Donations: Help us build a strong foundation of care and support for long-term care nurses. Visit www.fadona.org and make your contribution today.