Vendor Rules and Information
Shopping vendors must bring tables and chairs. Shopping vendors may put up a covered tent if they require shade. The number of shopping vendors will be limited to the number of vendors selling the same item.
Food vendors must bring a self-contained trailer or other tent or canopy if they require shade, along with tables and chairs if needed. The number of food vendors will be limited as will the number of vendors selling the same item.
Set up is from 1 p.m to 3 p.m. unless other arrangements are made in advance. You must arrive prior to 3 p.m.
BOOTH ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE GIVEN OUT, NOT REQUESTED.
POWER WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE; IF YOU NEED POWER, YOU WILL NEED TO BRING A GENERATOR.
IGUANA FEST VENDORS AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. All booth rental fees collected shall be retained by the City of Port Lavaca/Iguana Fest in the event that the individual fails to fulfill any terms in the contract or withdraws from Iguana Fest for any reason.
2. The vendor agrees to sell only those items listed in this contract. Any items that will be given away for free should also be included.
3. The terms of this contract shall be for April 1, 2023. It is expressly understood that the vendor named herein shall be ready for operation by 4 p.m. Vendors shall remain in place on April 1 until 9 p.m. and are welcome to stay until the close of festival. All material and property belonging to the vendor must be removed no later than midnight Saturday. Any property remaining after such time is considered abandoned and will be removed by the City of Port Lavaca. The vendor is responsible for ensuring that its area is cleaned before departing the grounds.
4. The vendor is responsible for the personal appearance of all staff they employ. INTOXICATION or USE OF OR POSSESSION OF NARCOTIC DRUGS by anyone employed by the vendor at ANY time is sufficient cause for immediate termination of this agreement.
5. The vendor shall keep a reasonable area adjacent and in close proximity to the location clean and free of debris.
6. The vendor hereby undertakes and agrees to save and hold the festival harmless from and against any and all loss, liability, damage, and any and all claims, demands, or liability by or to the public or employees of the vendor of others on account of or accessioned by, and whether due to negligence or otherwise, the installation, construction, repair, alteration, maintenance, premises, and/or festival grounds or equipment or structure named herein.
7. It is further agreed and understood that the City of Port Lavaca/Iguana Fest reserves the right to cancel this agreement if in judgement, the business or exhibit carried on by the individual, or manner conducting same is objectionable or not as represented at the time of making the contract and to have property of the vendor removed from the grounds of Iguana Fest and all payments previously made under this contract shall be forfeited.
8. The vendor agrees that in conducting its operations hereunder, it will not discriminate against any employee, customer, and patron due to race, color, creed, national origin or gender.
9. NOTE: NO WATER HOSES OR ELECTRICAL CORDS WILL BE ALLOWED IN FRONT OF BOOTHS.
10. Vendors will have a specifically designated area for vendor parking. There will be NO VEHICLES parked at booth during or 1 hour prior to Festival open hours. Iguana Fest has banned loud stereos, loud speakers, or musical instruments to be played at individual booths.
11. No beer or alcohol may be brought on Iguana Fest grounds.