*** IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES COMPLETING OR SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT JAIMIE STOLTZFUS AT JAIMIE@ARTOFTHECOWGIRL.COM
DEADLINE: March 31, 2023, recipient will be notified no later than April 30, 2023
The Art of the Cowgirl Fellowship Program will encourage, promote and invest in the development of emerging artists and makers engaged in the unique arts, trades, and horsemanship of the western lifestyle while celebrating tradition and inspiring innovation through mentorship from established leaders in their fields. Through this program, Art of the Cowgirl will foster creativity and will work to preserve traditional art techniques and functional gear.
The Fellowship Program is Tammy Pate’s original dream of providing an opportunity for western artists to work with masters-- a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn or refine their passion with some of the most talented makers in the business. Whether it be a fine art, functional trade or horsemanship, these fellowships will enrich, empower and educate while honoring our western heritage. The fellowship seeks to remove obstacles such as funding and access for up and coming artists, without restriction of age or location.
* Recipient may receive: supplies and materials, travel, room and board at Master’s location, travel expenses to Art of the Cowgirl event for presentation to be determined by Art of the Cowgirl
* Each recipient to have a completed piece of work or agreed upon task at conclusion of fellowship period
* Recipients will be required to complete fellowships in same calendar year as award received and present work at next Art of the Cowgirl event (must be completed in 2023 calendar year)
*Recipients will be required to sign contracts and releases before funds will be released
*Recipients will be required to donate an item to the 2024 Fellowship Art Auction (does not have to be piece completed during Fellowship)
* Recipients will be chosen by Fellowship Selection committee
* 18 years of age or older
* Open to both men and women
* Able to complete fellowship before Dec. 31st of the calendar year in which the award is provided.
* Able to attend and present work at Art of the Cowgirl January 2024 in Arizona
* Meet minimum skill and experience requirement as determined by Master
* While individuals may apply for fellowships more than once and more than one fellowship, selected recipients may not be awarded fellowship more than once