You may be eligible for a patient education and support program that enables us to provide you with around-the-clock service to oversee your chronic conditions and improve your overall wellness.
Chronic conditions are ongoing medical problems. Many but not all genetic conditions are qualify as chronic conditions. Undiagnosed patients typically qualify. These conditions must be managed effectively in partnership between the healthcare team and patient to maintain the best possible overall health and wellness.
What are the benefits of signing up for Chronic Care Management Services?
- Provide a personalized and comprehensive care plan management, easily shared to providers or family members
- Quarterly check-ins with educational information on your condition and relevant updates shared with your provider
- Care management such as variants of unknown significance and clinical trials reviewed monthly
- Access to social services including support groups matched based on condition
- Coordinate visits with your doctors, facilities, labs, radiology, or others
- Provide access to around-the-clock (24/7) services from your care team
- Assist with management of medications
- Assist with scheduling preventive care services, many of which are covered by Medicare
NOTE: You must sign an agreement to receive this type of chronic care management services.
What do you need to know before signing up?
Medicare will allow us to bill approximately $62 for these services during any month that we have provided at least 20 minutes of non-face-to-face chronic care management services. If you have primary insurance or Medicaid the fee may vary.
Medicare will reimburse us approximately $54 and requires you to pay approximately $8 to $9 (your Medicare coinsurance amount, may be covered by your secondary insurance) each month that you receive at least 20 minutes of chronic care management.
Our office will have the record of when and how the 20 minutes were spent and you will have 24/7 access to your electronic medical record if you ever have questions. Our practice is compliant with HIPAA and all laws related
to the privacy and security of Protected Health Information (PHI). As a part of this program, your PHI may be shared between care givers directly involved with your health.
You have a right to:
Discontinue this service at any time for any reason. Because your signature is required to end your chronic care management services, please ask any of our staff members for the CCM termination form. The provider will continue providing CCM services until the end of the month and may bill Medicare for those services. After the end of the month, the provider will discontinue CCM services and no longer bill for those services to Medicare.
NOTE: Only one physician can bill for this service for you. Please let your physician or our staff know if you have entered into a similar agreement with another physician/practice.
The goal of Lamar Health is to make sure you get the best care possible from everyone that is involved with your health.