The Jacksonville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., established the Distinguished Pillar Award to recognize "Unsung Heroes" in our community. We have established two nomination categories to maximize recognition:
- School Based: This category allows 6th-12th grade public, private, charter, and virtual school students an opportunity to nominate an administrator, educator, or support staff member who has made major contributions within the field of education. The Nominee must work at a school in Duval County.
- Community Based: This category allows an opportunity for a peer, parent, or community member to nominate an outstanding volunteer, business person, or entrepreneur who has been instrumental in initiating or leading efforts to benefit and significantly impact the Jacksonville community.
To nominate an "Unsung Hero" for our 2023 Distinguished Pillar Award, please complete the application below and include the following information:
- Describe the Nominee's specific area(s) of activity in school (if school based) or in the Jacksonville community (if community based). Explain what they do (i.e., their duties and responsibilities) and why you are nominating them. (500 words or less)
- Provide a detailed statement of the Nominee's outstanding accomplishments and impact in the nomination category. (500 words or less)
- Attach other supporting information and/or documentation of the Nominee's demonstrated accomplishments (i.e., newspaper articles, professional journals, letters, magazine and internet articles, awards, etc.).
All required information must be included in your application submission in order for your Nominee to be considered for the award. Incomplete submissions will be deemed ineligible. Please review your completed application carefully before pressing the submit button to forward the application to our Award Selection Committee.
Upon the committee's receipt of your nomination, your Nominee will be contacted and requested to provide a resume, curriculum vitae, or bio (1-2 pages).
NOMINATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
Nomination forms should be submitted electronically via the submit button below. The submission deadline is Friday, April 14, 2023. Nominations received after the deadline will NOT be considered by the Award Selection Committee.
If you experience difficulty submitting your nomination form electronically, you may print the form, complete it, and mail it (along with supporting documentation) to the following address:*
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Jacksonville Alumnae Chapter
ATTN: Distinguished Pillar Selection Committee
P. O. Box 2435
Jacksonville, FL 32203
*Please be advised that mailed submissions must be postmarked by no later than April 14, 2023.
Should you have any questions, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for acknowledging the heroes in our midst. Best of luck to your Nominee!