Early Music America offers a limited number of scholarships each year to early musicians at all levels of experience to support attendance at early music workshops in North America.
Scholarships of up to $1,250 will be awarded. The number of scholarships and amounts awarded will be determined by the judges based on the applicant pool received.
NEW FOR 2023: EMA is pleased to announce the establishment of the new EMA-IDEA workshop scholarship, sponsored by EMA's IDEA Task Force.. This $1,500 scholarship is intended to support a member of the BIPOC community specializing in historical performance practice throughout North, Central and South America.
- Applicants must reside in North, Central and South America at the time of submission.
- Award recipients are ineligible to apply until the second year following their award. (Ex. 2023 Scholarship recipients will be eligible to apply again in 2025.)
- Current EMA Board and Staff members are ineligible to apply
Application Instructions and Information
1) Scholarship application must be submitted by Monday, April 17, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.
2) Applicants may submit this application for up to three workshops.
3) Scholarship recipients will be notified by Monday, May 1, 2023 and must accept by Friday, May 5, 2023.
4) Scholarship recipients are required to submit a final reflection (in English, Portuguese or Spanish), including high resolution video or photos taken during the workshop, no more than 30 days following completion of their workshop(s) funded through this scholarship.
Applicants are highly encouraged to submit the application several days prior to the deadline, so any issues or errors may be resolved in a timely matter. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Questions about this application may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org