**Business in Vancouver is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will notify nominators of any changes to the event’s timeline as they happen.**
Business in Vancouver is seeking B.C.'s outstanding entrepreneurs, executives, managers and professionals in public, private and non-profit sectors for its 2022 Forty under 40 awards. We look for a cross-section of impressive people from a wide range of industries we cover who have risen up the ranks of their companies or industries at a relatively young age. Winners will be chosen based on such values as achievements in business, experience and innovation, vision, leadership and community involvement. Winners will be profiled in a December issue of Business in Vancouver and honoured at a gala awards reception.
First and foremost, we are looking for an individual's professional success. We are also interested in knowing about his or her community service and participation in trade groups, mentorship programs, and as part of not-for-profit boards. We look for a cross-section of impressive people from a wide range of industries we cover who are ahead of their age. This means they've risen up the ranks of their company or industry and have a lot of responsibility at a relatively young age.
As a business news publication, we seek to recognize top performers in the BC business community. While we will entertain submissions for nominees whose job descriptions fall outside of what is traditionally seen as a business role (politicians, employees of non-profits, medical professionals, public servants, scientists, lawyers, etc.), a clear connection to business must be demonstrated in order for a submission to be considered.
In considering each candidate, judges will use the following weighting:
30% Professional and Entrepreneurial Achievements
- Significant business accomplishments
- Past distinctions and awards
- Professional designations or memberships, licences
- Educational qualifications
30% Innovation, Vision, Leadership
- Professional innovation
- Industry and team leadership
- Industry disruption
20% Power and Influence
- Board appointments
- Professional growth
- Roles in key decision-making
20% Business / Community Involvement
- Board member of an industry association
- Member of an industry association
- Participation in professional mentorship programs
- Participation on a non-profit board
We are looking to recognize individuals who are respected leaders and/or rising stars in the business community. In addition, successful nominees must also be:
- A resident of British Columbia who conducts business operations in British Columbia.
- 39 years old or younger on December 31, 2023.
Winners of other BIV award programs are still eligible to be considered for a Forty under 40 Award; however previous Forty under 40 winners cannot win again.
What you will need to submit:
- Collect supporting materials: 2 letters of support and an up-to-date CV. Must be submitted as part of the nomination package.
- A background check will be completed on nominees which may include a search for criminal records, education, employment history, motor vehicle and license records, and/or civil records. Results of this check may disqualify a nominee.
- A $50 fee will be collected via credit card to submit a nomination at the end of the form.
- Ensure to review the nomination preview above for list of questions.
- You will not be able to edit information or answers once the nomination form is submitted.
- Nominators may submit nominations for more than one individual.
- Self-nominations will also be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple nominations for one individual.
Questions? Take a look at our frequently asked questions. Or direct questions to Ally R. Potel at email@example.com.
Please fill in the following online survey to complete the nomination process. Completed nominations, including supporting materials must be received by Business in Vancouver no later than noon on Monday, July 31st, 2023.