Ham & Yam Festival Rules
1. Submission of an application does not guarantee a booth, as we want to ensure a quality vendor mix for the good of the festival, as well as our vendors. Vendors will be notified if their application has been approved within two weeks after the application is received. If a vendor is not accepted, your payment will be refunded.
2. Submission of this vendor application is a contract to show and an agreement to abide by the rules set forth. Set-up procedures, including space assignments, will be emailed approximately two weeks prior to the festival.
3. Festival directors cannot guarantee that other vendors will not duplicate the type of crafts or items being sold.
4. Each booth space will measure approximately 12’ (wide) x 10’ (deep). This space extends out from curb. Spaces are numbered and marked on the street.
5. Each exhibitor must supply his or her own table(s), chair(s), drop cords, and canopies as needed or desired.
6. During set-up, unload your vehicle at your space; park your vehicle in a designated lot, then return to set up your booth. Do not leave your vehicle parked on the street while you set up, as this blocks the vendors behind you who are trying to set up. All vehicles must be out of the festival area by 8:30 a.m.
7. Due to the size of the Ham & Yam Festival, both in number of participants and facility needs, along with contractual arrangements, it is impossible to schedule a rain date or alternative indoor site. The festival will, therefore, run on the slated dates regardless of weather. As the festival is a non-profit event, with all revenues being used to cover event costs and advertisement, registration fees are non-refundable. As a convenience to our vendors, we do offer a rain insurance policy. See below for more information.
8. No flea market or yard sale items may be sold. The sale of silly string, ink dyes, stink spray, and stun guns is prohibited.
9. Solicitation, strolling sales, and wandering to pass out information, handbills or brochures is prohibited during the festival. Vendors must remain within their designated booth area.
10. Vendors are responsible for removing and properly disposing of all of their trash at the end of the festival.
11. All booths are required to stay open from 9 am until 6 pm, even if all items are sold. Please do not dismantle your booth until the festival closes; should you do so, you will not be welcome at future festivals!
12. Each vendor is responsible for the security and safety within his or her own booth space. The festival does provide overnight security Friday night, but you will be responsible for securing your booth and merchandise during operating hours.
13. There will be absolutely no drink sales or drink give-a-ways (including water) at any non-food booth. If anyone is caught selling or giving away drinks, you will be asked to leave immediately.
14. The Ham & Yam Festival is an inclusive environment. Festival directors reserve the right to refuse admittance to anyone whose work is deemed offensive or of questionable taste.
15. Under no circumstances may vendors alter or tamper with the electrical outlets or panels provided. In the event that a vendor does alter or tamper with the electrical outlets or panels, the vendor will be assessed a $500 tampering fee.
16. Each vendor conducting sales must prominently display their valid certificate of registration from the NorthCarolina Department of Revenue. For more information, please visit https://www.ncdor.gov/taxes-forms/register-business.
17. Each exhibitor is responsible to collect and report sales tax. Remit to: Sales & Use Tax Division, NC Department of Revenue, PO Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640.
IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO FOLLOW THE RULES, YOU WILL NOT BE WELCOME AGAIN!