In response to the Miss America Organization's age elibility expansion, the Miss Utah Scholarship Organization is currently accepting at-large contestants for the title of Miss Utah 2023.
Contestants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a female
- Be born between 1995-2005
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a high school graduate as of July 31, 2023
- Be a Utah resident, full-time student in the state of Utah, or a full-time employee in the state of Utah
- Willing and able to agree to the terms in the MAO state contestant contract
- Must be able to attend the state competition in full (June 6-10, 2023 in Salt Lake City
- Each at-large contestant must pay a $1,300 at-large fee to cover their shared hotel room and meals during Miss Utah week, a local titleholder sash, Miss Utah t-shirt and competition magazine, and other production expenses. $650 is due with registration, and the remaining $650 deposit is due by April 15, 2023.
- Contestants will have the option to purchase a local titleholder crown through K.A. Concepts, MAO's official crown vendor. Crowns will not be worn during Miss Utah Week, so this is completely optional.
- Each state contestant is expected to attend the Spring Workshop the morning of March 25, 2023 in Spanish Fork.
- Each state contestant must pay a $35 competition year registration fee and $325 state registration fee to MAO.
- Each state contestant is expected to register at least one (1) Little Miss to escort them in the Evening Gown Competition, but they may register up to three Little Misses.
- Each state contestant is expected to sell at least one full-page ad in the Miss Utah competition magazine. Contestants will be reimbursed for 25% of their ad sales after the state competition.
- Each at-large titleholder is expected to commit to the at-large titleholder term ending at 11:59pm on Saturday, June 10, 2023 (after the final state competition and crowning of Miss Utah 2023).
Registration for at-large contestants will close at 11:59pm on Thursday, March 23, 2023 or once all at-large contestants have been filled - whichever comes first.