WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the risk of injury while participating in Uplift Adventure Retreats and as consideration for the right to participate in the events, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in the retreat and do hereby release and forever discharge Uplift Adventure Retreats LLC or Julie Miller located at 37854 Mast Ct. Harrison Twp, MI 48045, their affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors, and assigns, for any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness, paralysis, death, damages, economical or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation in the aforementioned activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this activity.
1. ACKNOWLEDGE that we have read this WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK and we fully understand its terms and agree to its terms, understanding that we have given up substantial rights in signing it.
2. ACKNOWLEDGE and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including the risk of death from any cause INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COVID-19 AND ITS VARIENTS both on and off the water and the risk of damage, loss or theft of property.
3. Nevertheless, ACCEPT those risks and assume all foregoing risk, whether foreseeable or not, and all responsibility for any losses, costs, expenses, liabilities and damages that may be incurred as a result of or in connection with my, or my minor child’s, participation in any way in any activity.
4. RELEASE, WAIVE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE Uplift Adventure Retreats LLC, Julie Miller MA LPC and its respective affiliated entities, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives, residents and contractors, and all officials, sponsors and vendors of the race from demands, losses or damages on account of injury incurred as a result of participation in the activities of the race, including travel to and from said retreat.
5. I agree that Uplift Adventure Retreats, LLC reserves the right to photograph events and retreats and can use these images for marketing, promotion and social media without payment or restitution.
I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE AFORMENTIONED ACTIVITY AND RETREAT AND I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY ENTIRELY AT MY OWN RISK. I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TRAVELING TO AND FROM AS WELL AS PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, PHYSICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, PAIN, SUFFERING, ILLNESS, DISFIGUREMENT, TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT DISABILITY (INCLUDING PARALYSIS, ECONOMIC OR EMOTIONAL LOSS AND DEATH). I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE INJURIES OR OUTCOMES MAY ARISE FROM MY OWN OR OTHERS NEGLIGENCE, CONDITIONS RELATED TO TRAVEL, OR THE CONDITION OF THE ACTIVITY OR LOCATIONS. NONETHELESS, I ASSUME ALLRELATED RISKS, BOTH, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN TO ME, OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY AND RETREAT, INCLUDING TRAVEL TO AND FROM AND DURING THIS ACTIVITY.