Laramie County Fair Rules and Regulations
A. Liability Statements Release and Waiver
1. All exhibitors and exhibits must comply with the policies and regulations of the Laramie County Fair. The Laramie County Fair, its employees, agents, elected and appointed officials will in no case be liable or responsible for any loss or damage that may occur to or with any exhibit. Each exhibitor, by making entry into the Fair indemnifies the Laramie County Fair, its employees, agents, elected and appointed officials against all legal or other proceedings in regards thereto, as well as damage, injury or loss to any other person or property, caused by the exhibitor, or any other person or property, or any of the animals exhibited by him/her, or arising out of, or in any way connected with, such exhibition of any of the animals so exhibited.
Each participant or entrant to the fair hereby acknowledges that engaging in activities in connection and association with the programs, events and activities of the Laramie County Fair carries an inherent risk of injury, property damage and financial loss, including, but not limited to, physical injury, financial risks and risks of loss or damages to property. They also acknowledge and understand that the Laramie County Fair makes no representations, guarantees, assurances or warranties for safety, function or for continued participation, in regard to its actions, plans, work, activities, events, equipment or supplies. All exhibitors, participants and entrants to the Fair acknowledge these inherent risks and through their participation in entrance accept same, and agree as follows:
Participants, Exhibitors and Entrants agree: On behalf of themselves, their heirs, personal representatives and assigns RELEASE AND DISCHARGE the Laramie County Fair, Laramie County and/or any of their elected officials, employees, agents, volunteers and their successors and assigns from all actions, causes of action, damages, claims or demands both direct and consequential, for all known or unknown personal injuries, property damage or financial loss resulting from or arising out of, or in connection with, my request to participate in events, activities, programs or other actions in association with or at the direction of the Laramie County Fair.
By participating and entering into exhibitions, shows or other fair activities individuals, Participants, Exhibitors and Entrants certify and warrant that they have read and fully understand the foregoing Release. Further, they acknowledge by REQUESTING TO PARTICIPATE, THEY RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE FROM ANYCLAIMS LIABILITY, Laramie County, the County Events Department, the Laramie County Fair, its employees, agents elected and appointed officials and volunteers, freely, voluntarily and without coercion and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in activities of the Laramie County Fair and other good and valuable consideration.
Participants, exhibitors, and entrants certify that they are 18 years of age or older, free from any disability or impediment which would impair any ability to agree as provided here in. If participants, exhibitors, or entrants are minors, their parent or guardian, fully participates in and acknowledges the contents and effect of this waiver and release on their behalf.
2. All Fair participants including but not limited to exhibitors, spectators, vendors, entertainers, superintendents, etc. causing property damage will be responsible to the injured party either by paying for any and all damages directly to the injured party, or by paying any claim made by the injured party’s insurance company.
3. The Laramie County Fair reserves the final and absolute right to interpret general rules and regulations and settle and determine matters and differences that may arise in accordance with the procedures set forth in these Rules and Regulations.
4. The Laramie County Fair is an annual event conducted by Laramie County government, through the Laramie County Events Department. The Events Department is a County agency acting under its Director. The position of Fair Manager, in consultation with the Director as needed in the Managers determination, is tasked with Fair operations. This includes but is not limited to, interpretation and implementation of rules and policies as well as directing staff and volunteers. All decisions in regard to operations and activities related to the Fair are made by the Laramie County Fair Manager.
5. The Laramie County Fair is a member of the International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE) who supports the IAFE National Code of Show Ring Ethics. It is the exhibitors’ responsibility to read, understand, and comply with the IAFE National Code of Ethics. A full description of the IAFE National Code of Ethics is located at www.fairsandexpos.com.
6. All shows are open for public viewing.
7. Special rules are published in each department and division where necessary. The Laramie County Fair is a Fair that involves the union of two different National Organizations; 4H and FFA, and as such, must have a separation between those Organizations’ shows and rules. Laramie County Fair also incorporates Youth Shows with the need for an additional set of rules to govern those shows individually. Within this Fairbook, you will find three sets of Rules and Regulations setting forth these Organizations’ individual guidelines that need to be followed depending on what show you may be involved in at the time. Please be cognizant of what Organizations’ show you are participating in and what Rules, Regulations, procedures, and enforcements you may need to follow. Please be aware that the Laramie County Fair cannot and will not enforce any rules or regulations involved with 4H or FFA shows. Questions or issues related to 4 H or FFA shows or activities should be directed to the appropriate representative of the these organizations:
4H Contact- Kristi Nagy- 307-363-1090 or Dawn Sanchez- 307-799-8780
FFA Contact- Respective Chapter FFA Advisor
Fair Contact- Nicholle Watkins- 307-633-4671
Refer to individual Departments and Divisions for special rules and regulations.
8. By making entry to the Laramie County Fair each exhibitor, exhibitor’s parent(s) and/or legal guardian acknowledge that he/she has read, understands, accepts, and will abide by the liability requirements and all policies, the National Code of Show Ring Ethics, and rules and regulations of the Laramie County Fair.