The Hedera Foundation is the 501c3 corporation established by the women of the Phi Pi Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated to provide educational assistance, social services, and programs to the communities of Coweta & Fayette Counties. These services include scholarships, youth empowerment programs, health initiatives, and family support resources.
Purpose of the Hedera Foundation Inc. College Scholarships: To identify high school seniors in the state of Georgia who have significantly contributed to efforts that uplift their community and serve others. Scholarship funds must be used for college expenses and will only be disbursed to an institution of higher education after the awardee provides proof of enrollment.
- Must be a graduating senior enrolled in a high school located in Fayette County or Coweta County, Georgia
- Must have been accepted to a 4-year college/university
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must be involved in community service
- Proof of acceptance to a 4-year college/university
- Certification of eligibility from a school counselor (counselor will be contacted by Hedera)
- Letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or community leader
- Official high school transcript (unofficial copy should be uploaded to the application and an official copy must be mailed to The Hedera Foundation, Incorporated, Post Office Box 614, Tyrone, GA 30290. Postmarked by April 7, 2023)
- Statement of service discussing your efforts to uplift the community (no more than 250 words).
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 7, 2023
Disclaimer: Dependents of members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated are not eligible to apply for the Hedera Foundation Community Service Scholarship.