Music Box Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the musical and arts education experience for youth. Our mission is to be a catalyst for building healthy communities and enriching lives through the power of music and the arts. We follow our Four "E" endeavors to make an impact. Students can explore, be empowered, educated, and exposed to all opportunities in the arts. These efforts assist youth to find a passion that can lead them into their future careers. Our programs are offered all throughout Chicago and at little to no cost to underserved communities. Lessons are led by professionals and performing artists in various fields.
We are seeking a Program Assistant Intern to join our team this Summer. For 10 weeks, the program assistant will work closely to the project management team. Our ideal candidate will handle the following tasks:
- Providing administrative support when necessary, including data entry, filing, mass emails, and preparing meeting notes.
- Performing project-specific outreach to nonprofits, other external partners, participants, MBF staff, and more.
- Contributing to the maintainance and strategic planning towards social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, etc).
- Assist with meeting, event planning and overall organization efforts.
Each intern will be responsible for completing a Capstone project. supporting and managing a summer program:
Students will conduct all the necessary research, strageies, and other necessary steps to managing a summer program. Participants must deliver their proposed solution to their project assignment and will be able to ask questions, put forward ideas, and provide feedback.
Students will benefit from:
- Professional netowrk development
- Improvement in critical thinking skills
- Virtual workplace mentoring
- Leading a creative approach to project success
- Authentic interactions and engagement
Please submit a cover letter and any relative work experience to your application below.