The Hedera Foundation is the 501c3 corporation established by the women of the Phi Pi Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated to provide educational assistance, social services, and programs to the communities of Coweta & Fayette Counties. These services include scholarships, youth empowerment programs, health initiatives, and family support resources.
Purpose of the Hedera Foundation Inc. College Scholarships: To identify students who have significantly contributed to efforts that uplift their community and serve others, and provide them with financial assistance for college. Scholarship funds must be used for college expenses and will only be disbursed to an institution of higher education after the awardee provides proof of enrollment.
- Must be a current full-time student at an accredited HBCU
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must be involved in community service
- Proof of enrollment at an accredited HBCU
- Letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, or community leader
- Official college/university transcript (unofficial copy should be uploaded to the application and an official copy must be mailed to The Hedera Foundation, Incorporated, Post Office Box 614, Tyrone, GA 30290. Postmarked by April 7, 2023)
- Statement of service discussing your efforts to uplift the community (no more than 250 words).
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 7, 2023
Disclaimer: Members or Dependents of members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated are not eligible to apply for the Hedera Foundation Community Service Scholarship.