1. Equines must be at least 60 months for the 50 mile ride, and 48 months for the 25 mile and intro rides.
2. Junior riders (under 16 as of 12/1/2022) must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age) who entered the ride and agrees to remain with the minor throughout the ride. Junior riders will not be permitted to start or continue on from any point of the ride without the original sponsor, unless the sponsor is pulled and makes arrangements with ride management for the minor to go on with someone else. Juniors must wear an approved helmet.
3. Abuse of the horse or the use of stimulants and/or pain killers is prohibited.
4. All horses are subject to saliva, urine and blood test.
5. No substances of any type may be injected by needle into the horse during the day of the ride.
6. All horses must be presented for pre-ride veterinary inspection. Early Saturday morning vet-in is available for those arriving after dark on Friday.
7. All riders must stay on the marked trail.
8. All veterinary decisions are final.
9. To receive a completion, horses must be FIT TO CONTINUE at the post-ride inspection.
10. Juniors who are qualified to ride unsponsored should send along the appropriate paperwork with entry.
The entry fee includes participation in the ride, camping, drug test fee, use of the facilities, AERC fees and completion award. AERC has also assessed a $15 fee for all participants who are not members of AERC.
Check in with ride management will be upon arrival at the gated entrance. Veterinarians will be available for the pre-ride exam from 4 pm until dark. All horses need to be vetted in and numbered by dark Friday night. The head ride veterinarian will set the criteria for pulse and respiration throughout the ride.
As a participant in the Cache Creek Ride Ride, I agree to abide by the rules of AERC and by the rules of this ride. I understand that endurance riding involves being in remote areas for extended periods of time far from communication, transportation and medical facilities that these areas have many natural and man-made hazards which Ride Management expressly declines to anticipate, identify, modify, eliminate or warn against; that horses can be excitable, difficult to control and unpredictable, and that accidents can happen to anyone at any time. I agree to take full responsibility for myself and the animal I am riding. I release, hold harmless and indemnify the "Cache Creek Ride Ride" Management, all ride personnel, U. S. Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Game, and all liability arising from accident, injury or loss that might occur due to my participation in the ride.
Cancellations on or before April 28 (midnight) will receive full refunds. No shows or late cancellations (April 29 or later) do not qualify for a refund. Only the rider named in the entry form can cancel her/his entry. Others cannot cancel your entry for you (no trainers, no neighbors, no anyone else). Junior riders needing to cancel must have their parent or guardian (who signed the entry) request the cancellation. Refunds are issued via PayPal. If you decide to drop your course distance down, you may do that after the April 28 deadline, however, no refund of price difference will be issued.