I understand that, according to OSHA, massage and bodywork represents a MEDIUM RISK while Covid-19 exists. I acknowledge that social distancing during a bodywork session is not possible and I accept full responsibility for taking that risk.
I also understand:
1. That massage therapy and/or acupuncture
- is for the purpose of stress reduction, relief from muscular tension and spasm, general relaxation and improvement of circulation and energy flow; and
- is not a substitute for medical examination or diagnosis and that it is recommended that I see a physician for any physical ailment that I might have.
2. That the massage therapists and/or acupuncturists
- do not diagnose illness, disease or any other physical or mental disorder;
- do not prescribe medical treatment or pharmaceuticals; and
- do not perform any spinal manipulations.
3. I agree that any and all appointment times are reserved exclusively for me and that I am responsible to remember them and to pay for appointments that I miss, cancel, or reschedule with less than 24 hours notice.
If I need to reschedule due to illness or Covid exposure, I agree to contact the Teal Center as soon as possible. I authorize The Teal Center to charge my credit card on file for 50% of the full amount of any appointment missed, cancelled, or rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice.
I have stated all my known medical conditions and take it upon myself to keep the practitioner updated on my physical health.