DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INC.
PICKENS COUNTY ALUMNAE CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization whose purpose is to aid and support through established programs in local communities throughout the world. A sisterhood of more than 200,000 predominately Black college educated women, the Sorority currently has over 900 chapters located in the United States, England, Japan (Tokyo and Okinawa), Germany, the Virgin Islands, Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Republic of Korea.
• A prospective May 2023 graduate of a public school within Pickens County
• A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better
• Presents good character
• Committed to community service; and
• A student who has demonstrated academic improvement throughout her high school career
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD: $500 scholarship to be awarded on Honors Day.
Your scholarship packet must be completed with the following information to be considered:
• Two letters of recommendation, one from any two of the following:
• Community Service organization with whom you have worked
• Community member (other than a relative);
The emails of the people you are asking for letters of recommendation. (Ecclesiastical Leader,Teacher, or Mentor.)
*Be ready to answer thought-provoking and deep-digging questions about yourself.
**IMPORTANT: This form is estimated to take at least twenty minutes. In order to complete the form as quickly as possible, you WILL need ALL of the above items.**
If all that is ready, then why don't we begin?
Click "Next" below.