All Food Vendors selling any type of food products (including pet products) – you must meet all Food Safety guidelines and requirements as outlined by Alberta Health Services. Food vendors are required to supply a copy of your AHS Food Handling Permit with your application.
If yes, please provide the dimensions of your trailer:
Payment can be made via e-transfer or credit card. Fees are non-refundable, and the market runs rain, snow, or shine.
Full Season 15 Weeks – Tuesdays, June 20 – September 26, 2023
$20.00 per week (plus GST), paid monthly, or pay the full season (all 15 weeks) up front and save 10%
Invoices will be sent approx. 1 month prior to the current vending month (ex. June Market dates, will be invoiced in May, and so on). To ensure your spot is reserved, payment is required prior to each market date.
* Friday August 11 is a special market day which will be held in the same location, however it is taking place during Tofield Western Days and will be part of the Promenade. The following Tuesday, August 15, there will be no market as there was very little traffic the week after Western Days.
This signed waiver must be completed OR submit a current copy of your liability insurance naming Planit Events Inc. as additional insured on your policy in lieu of this waiver.
In consideration of being allowed to use the facilities of Market 192, located at Main Street in front of Town of Tofield Office – 5407 50 Street, AB, we the undersigned, hereby agree to the following:
To waive any and all claims that we,
May have against Market 192 located at Main Street in front of Town of Tofield Office – 5407 50 Street, AB, its directors and officers, employees, agents, representatives, and volunteers.
To release from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that occurs out of the use of any facilities at Market 192, located at Main Street in front of Town of Tofield Office – 5407 50 Street, AB, by the above-named Vendor, their family, employees or volunteer participants.
To hold harmless and indemnify Market 192, located at Main Street in front of Town of Tofield Office – 5407 50 Street, AB, from any and all liability for any property damage, personal injury to any third party or other financial loss or expense, including legal expenses and costs of a solicitor and his own client full indemnity basis, resulting from the participation in any event to be held on the facilities of Market 192, located at Main Street in front of Town of Tofield Office – 5407 50 Street, AB, throughout the 2022 season.
We, the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that we have read the foregoing and understand its content, import and meaning.
Please retain a copy of these rules for your reference at the market.
You must initial EACH LINE for acceptance and understanding and submit with your signed application. The Rules and Regulations will be strictly enforced. Failure to comply with these rules may result in the forfeiture of your participation in Market 192.
21. Food vendors are required to:
1. Hold a current Alberta Health Services Food Handling Permit or fall under the low risk home-prepared food category - https://www.alberta.ca/low-risk-home-prepared-foods.aspx.
2. Provide a current copy of above certificate.
3. Meet all Food Handling Requirements including labelling, food samples, hand washing stations and sanitation.
4. Ensure all food displayed and sold at the Market is reasonably protected from contamination by being wrapped, covered, or stored safely in appropriate food-grade containers. For baked goods sold individually, transparent covers should be used to protect from airborne contamination.
5. ALWAYS display their certificate visible to all customers in their stall as per AHS regulations (if applicable).
22. Labeling Requirements - All food products MUST be labeled in compliance with CFIA standards. Nutrition Facts tables are not required at this time. It is the responsibility of the stallholder that their products are labelled in accordance with federal regulatory requirements. For further information please visit: https://www.inspection.gc.ca/food-label-requirements/labelling/industry/eng/1383607266489/1383607344939#
Labels MUST include:
1. Common name of product on a separate line.
2. List of ingredients in descending order of proportion by weight.
3. Known allergy alerts on a separate line as per CFIA regulations.
4. Net quantity (in metric).
5. Name, address, and phone number (phone number required by AHS) of person making product.
6. Durable shelf life date (made on OR Best Before date) if product has a shelf life of 90 days or less.
7. Storage instructions and storage temperature if differs from room temperature.
8. Label print size MUST be no smaller than 1.6 mm anywhere on the product.
26. Vendors supplying food samples must meet the AHS guidelines. All samples must be covered and be served by the vendor; uncovered samples will be removed. Vendors assembling bite size food portions on-site must:
1. Obtain approval from Alberta Health Services.
2. Must be served by the vendor to customers.
3. Use an AHS approved sneeze guard cover to keep customers from contaminating samples.
4. No open flames/barbeques can be used for heating up samples.
5. Food must be held at appropriate temperatures according to AHS regulations.
6. Have a thermometer available to ensure that foods reach an internal temperature greater than 74°C.
7. Keep perishable foods below 4°C.
8. Wash hands prior to handling food.
9. Replace samples if they are displayed longer than one hour.
10. Discard leftovers or contaminated samples.
11. Must supply garbage container in a location easily visible and accessible to customers.
12. Provide a basin with an adequate supply of water (container with a hands-free spigot).
13. Have liquid soap and disposable towels available.
14. Have a sanitizer (bleach and water solution with 100 PPM concentration and test strips) for cutting boards and utensils.
15. Refrain from smoking/vaping at food tables.
NOTE – Sampling may not be permitted due to COVID, the market will follow all AHS COVID protocols at the time of the market.
Market 192 and its affiliates reserves the right to change, interpret and enforce these rules and regulations as deemed necessary to maintain consistency and individuality of the Market for the best of all served by the Market. I have read and initialled ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS 1-37.
I certify that I have read, understand, and agree to comply with all Market Rules and Regulations as specified by Market 192, Alberta Health Services, and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. I hereby certify that the information I have provided in this application is accurate and complete. I understand that failure to abide by the rules may result in a fine of $50.00 or removal from the market and that the decisions of Market 192 are final and binding.