- Confirmed attendance in a recognized post-secondary institution with enrolment start date no later than one year of scholarship acceptance.
- Should be in the last year of U18 eligibility.
- Should have played in RAIDERS for at least two years.
- Successful applicants must provide confirmation of acceptance prior to the release of scholarship funds.
- Must be a resident of St. Albert or within the Assocation boundaries
- Player must be in good standing with: league, association and team.
- Two (2) Scholarships are available
- $1500.00 each
- Awarded to one (1) female player and one (1) male player who meets eligibility criteria
- The funds for this scholarship are supported by the Raiders Hockey Committee; distributed from the 2023 John Reid Memorial Tournament 50/50
It's important to read the application carefully and provide thoughtful and well-written responses that showcase your strengths and qualifications. Application submissions are evaluated on responses, supporting documentation and presentation.
The Scholarship Selection Committee evaluates each application based on consideration of academic achievement, hockey dedication, commitment and coachability, including:
- Academic Achievement: the player must demonstrate a satisfactory attitude and effort in high school subjects.
- Community Involvement: demonstrate involvement in your community, such as volunteering, fundraising, or participating in other community-based activities.
- Character: how do you display positive character traits both on and off the ice, such as sportsmanship, leadership, teamwork, and dedication.
- Performance: proven track record of success in competition, such as earning individual awards.
A letter of acceptance from an accredited post-secondary institution is required from each applicant before a final decision is made. Scholarships will be awarded in the fall of each year.
Application Opens: March 15, 2023
Application Closes: April 20, 2023